Domatic Fridge Errors out on my 2014 7x20

Started by Defender_110, February 01, 2017, 08:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Defender_110

I have isolated that my Domatic Fridge errors out after I travel (highway) with it on.  There is a thermal "fuse" that I have had to replace over 3 times to get it running again.  Now I just shut it off when I travel. This is not normal!  I've had over 4 rv's and have never experienced this!  Anyone else out there have this issue?  Did Quicksilver do anything to fix this?  Any help would be appreciated.

djmiller

Quote from: Defender_110 on February 01, 2017, 08:01:45 PM
I have isolated that my Domatic Fridge errors out after I travel (highway) with it on.  There is a thermal "fuse" that I have had to replace over 3 times to get it running again.  Now I just shut it off when I travel. This is not normal!  I've had over 4 rv's and have never experienced this!  Anyone else out there have this issue?  Did Quicksilver do anything to fix this?  Any help would be appreciated.

We have not changed anything in particular.  2016 and early 2017 models used a 7cf Dometic refer. 2014, if not optioned, is probably smaller.  I assume you have an owners manual for your refer. If not, they are on-line here.  If the information on it's cause is not in the owner's manual, I would give Dometic a call.  Not trying to "pass the buck", but I am not aware of any particular issue.

epiphysis18

after turning on the frig for two days b=prior to leaving, when I got to my first stop, I had a warm frig and an error.  I opened the back of the frig (door on outside of the rig) and while looking for a fuse, I found a loose wire.  when I reconnected it, the frig came back on and has been fine ever since.  goes with my saying.....the simplest are the bestest.  check the simple things....maybe you have a bad ground somewhere. 

Diversteve

My fridge quit be fore a trip .
Here is what i found on the 12 vdc circuit :).
Check for loose connections at all points between fuse and fridge.

Patricia

The first thing to know is that the cooling units on every Dometic gas absorption refrigerator are gravity operated and MUST be level in order to run properly. ... If your refrigerator doesn't have good air flow it will not cool properly. Many models do not come with external fans behind the cooling unit.