2011 Quicksilver VRV 614

Started by vtxguypei, January 12, 2017, 03:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vtxguypei

Just wondering if someone can tell the the distance between studs on one of these. I have the bug to make some interior accessories but mine is in storage at the moment so can't take a measurement...and forgot to do it before it went to storage...door side from door to rear corner would be good to know.

djmiller

On a 2011 it would be 16".  Once we started laminating the walls that changed.  The 16" OC started at the back working toward the front.
Keep in mind the studs, so to speak, are 1x1.5"x .062 aluminum tubes unless at the rear or each side of the door. They are 1-1/2x3x.125 tubes in that area.  You can't miss by much. You got 1" target to work with.

Good luck with you project! :)

- Dan

vtxguypei

Thanks...trying to make a couple of things inside, a Spark Plug coat rack from checker plate and plugs, and something to hang my ratchet straps on too out of a large box end wrench.

Keith

Does anybody know if you can get the Patio and an awning setup for the 7X15 Livinlite Toy hauler? Thanks....Keith

djmiller

Quote from: Keith on February 28, 2017, 11:47:05 AM
Does anybody know if you can get the Patio and an awning setup for the 7X15 Livinlite Toy hauler? Thanks....Keith

I assume you mean 6x15.... If so, the patio option also takes a special door assembly. That assembly is only available on the 7 and 8.5 wide models.
If you are speaking of a rear awning... it is not available as there was not enough room above the rear door.  Side awnings have been standard for the last few years on the toy haulers.

Regards,
- Dan

Keith

Dan:
Sorry to hear this. But thanks for getting back to me.

vtxguypei

Dan,
just wondering what size the side window would be on the 2011 614. I am planning on going to an RV Show on the weekend and would like to put a drip cap over the top of the window and thought if I could get the size of the window I might be able to find one while there.

djmiller

Quote from: vtxguypei on March 01, 2017, 08:47:29 PM
Dan,
just wondering what size the side window would be on the 2011 614. I am planning on going to an RV Show on the weekend and would like to put a drip cap over the top of the window and thought if I could get the size of the window I might be able to find one while there.

Taken me back in time a bit..... as I actually did the print. LOL.....but it should be a Hehr 24x36 Egress window. The actual opening size in the sidewall was 24 1/4 tall x 36 1/4" wide.

-Dan

vtxguypei

Thanks again on this. Can't wait to get it out of storage sometime in April then she will be getting some installs and mods done. Really appreciate the speedy reply.

vtxguypei

Dan,
just wondering what brand of double sided tape is used to hold the interior aluminum panels in place inside the kitchen area of the trailer. I have rejigged the kitchen and installed an electric fridge and and trying to find the same tape product. It is sticky beyond and would like to get some to have on hand to finish the project off.

djmiller

Not the same double sticky tape as used on the exterior.  It is 8.5 Mil Double Stick UPVC Film 3/4 x 180'
About the same as this: https://www.amazon.com/ProTapes-Pro-Rubber-Double-Purpose/dp/B00DVBCEOA 

-Dan

vtxguypei

Thanks...will try and post some pix of the upgrades soon.

vtxguypei

Will include several photos of the interior mods done so far to make our little toyhauler our own and a lot more comfortable. Mods included installing an old car radio from my sons vintage Toyota Corolla with speakers, storage cabinet to hold many things and to sit the microwave on. A wall mount digital TV, additional upper storage cabinet, switch to kill radio, USB charging plug, drawers for storage in kitchen area as well as an actual 2.5 cubic foot fridge instead of the factory Coleman cooler. Moved the main power panel over to one side with the aid of my electrician son and rebuilt the kitchen cupboards to allow the installation of the fridge. Still plan a couple more things including an actual toilet with black tank, coat rack of some sort, and a LED light at the back to light up behind the trailer when parked. Also did some homemade stripes to the outside to break up the plain jane look of the outside.