Happy Camper

Started by Copperdog, January 12, 2017, 02:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Copperdog

Hello,

I look forward to improving our Livin Lite experience. We have enjoyed are 2014 14ft Camplite DBS for the last 2 years. Switched from a Roadtrec SS Ideal Sprinter class B van.  8)

7thunders

Hi and welcome
we just bought in November a 16DBS and are looking forward to a little warmer weather first to be able to hit the road/camp trail.  Any great experiences from your 14 DBS? Suggestions etc?  we live in Pennsylvania and have a few vacations booked already, lookin for a few more weekend trips to break it in hopefully around April.
Rob and Judi
Rob & Judi
Northeastern Pennsylvania
16 DBS
Toyota FJ Cruiser

Mjmoore17

Quote from: 7Thunders on January 23, 2017, 10:32:22 AM
Hi and welcome
we just bought in November a 16DBS and are looking forward to a little warmer weather first to be able to hit the road/camp trail.  Any great experiences from your 14 DBS? Suggestions etc?  we live in Pennsylvania and have a few vacations booked already, lookin for a few more weekend trips to break it in hopefully around April.
Rob and Judi

Rob and Judi

One of the best weekend trips I have found for my QS 6 is at Raystown Lake here in Pennsylvania. About a 90 minute drive for me not sure where in PA you are at. It is a huge lake with several different camping areas. I have taken my chocolate lab pup and granddaughter, they both had great times walking and playing in the water. Makes a great weekend trip.

Michael
QS6 w Jeep Willys TV

7thunders

Thanks Michael, doing some research...lookin up to Alleghany Nat. Forest area too.  appreciate the suggestion.
Rob & Judi
16 DBS
Toyota FJ Cruiser

Copperdog

Hi, Rob and Judy
We love the flexibility the truck and trailer allows us. One of the things that we discovered with our Camplite was the lack of amenity's like coat hooks, toilet paper dispenser, a mirror and a way to hold open the overhead cupboard doors. But though sticky tape and sticky tape hooks and other ways we have been able to put towel racks and hooks to store stuff for when we are setup for camping. For the overhead cupboard doors I used the same holders that hold the outside storage doors open. This trip I will be putting a battery switch on the trailer and the truck so that I don't have to disconnect the batteries with a wench each time we store them. We will be back in our Camplite late next week and if you want I can send you photos of what we have done to make the trailer more comfortable. We live in Alaska and keep our truck and trailer in the states. Thanks,       

7thunders

Yes Copperdog, please send us some pics of the devices you have to holding doors open etc..and other tricks you have learned.
thanks
Rob and Judi
Rob & Judi
16 DBS
Toyota FJ Cruiser