Fresh water capacity

Started by jballjr, September 24, 2017, 09:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jballjr

Regarding the CL16TBS:

The website is now showing a fresh water capacity of 26gal, down from the previous 38gal. Is this correct? I hope it is a typo. If not, this is the final nail in the coffin for me as far as a "new" trailer is concerned. First the tandem axles and now the 38gal fresh water capacity? These were two of the main features the 16', twin bed Camplite was my first choice in a new "couples" trailer for my wife and me to start our latest adventure with.

We've got about 9 months to go before our purchase so, I'll keep my eye on how the other changes are holding up with some actual consumer use.

DavidM

I suspect that with the change to a single axle they discovered they were tight on payload with full fluids so had to cut back on water.

David

djmiller

Yes the 26 gal is correct.  Had nothing to do with payload but with Standardization.  you will notice they all are using the same tank.

:)-Dan

jballjr

That's a shame...Too bad they didn't "standardize" with the 38 gal tank since its not a weight issue.
Thank you for the clarification though.
Jim

djmiller

I don't disagree but I am guessing it had to do with the frame and the enclosed underbelly.

-Dan