Sofa Pulled out From Floor

Started by gregslogcabin, September 12, 2017, 08:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregslogcabin

Well the saga continues. I tried replacing the screws that hold the sofa down with a larger size, but they pulled out upon the first use as a bed again, and my son is only 70lbs!. So I finally brought it back to the dealer to have them look at it. Can't say I'm super impressed with the fix, see attached, they just used two bolts all the way through the bottom. They look ugly from inside and outside. I hope this holds. What a disappointment. I should have just got the dinette instead.

Ellen

We have a QBB13 and the cushion/bed part pulled off ours too. Hadn't even been used as a bed but we kept finding bolts on the floor after travel. My husband a piece of 1x3" hardwood at each end where the frame bolts into the base and used glue and self tapping screws through the hardwood into the base and then used self tapping screws to fasten down the frame of the bed. It was a pain because he had to remove the cushions from the frame so he could install the frame. But it's firmly in place now and our granddaughter slept on it for several weeks in our last camping trip and it hasn't loosened at all.