Total newbie from MN

Started by tek610, March 10, 2017, 12:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tek610

After months of research and visits to many dealerships to look at a variety of brands and plans, we've been led to Livin Lite. I am overjoyed to have found a new, 2016 13QBB within a 45 minute drive of our house! We finalize the deal and pick it up on Saturday. The sticker says built in Aug of '15. It was a "lot leftover" from when a Livin Lite dealership was bought out by Camping World.

I am not a new camper, but I'm new to trailering. This is our first RV purchase. From all the research I've done, I know I'm getting a good price. I looked it over quite well before putting a deposit on it last week, and I didn't see anything major. I didn't try any of the appliances- there was no battery or water where it was parked on the lot. I know we should (will?) be able to check everything when we pick it up. I don't have the typical buyer leverage because this is a one-off. I don't have several to choose from. It's priced to sell.

Any tips for a new guy before the walk-through? Any experience purchasing an RV from Camping World? I feel well prepared through research, from towing to basic operation, set-up, etc. but I am here to learn from you seasoned vets! We are excited to start visiting Minnesota parks starting this Spring!

Thanks in advance for all of your help and advice-

John (and Janet)
John and Janet Phipps
2016 13QBB "Phipps' Pholly"
2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ

BeerSnob

Cool! You're gonna love it!
Do you get a factory warranty with it? I'm assuming it will be winterized when you pick it up and you may not get a demo on the water systems because of that. That's what happened when we took ownership of a 2017 16TBS in early December. A couple weeks ago we had a real warm spell - long enough for us to do a shakedown camping run for the weekend and use all the systems and still have a week to re-winterize it. I did find a leak (shower drain) and had it back to the dealer to be repaired. Right now I'm trusting that it is fixed because they re-winterized :)

If you don't get a demo on the water systems be sure to test them thoroughly the first chance you get.