Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
New Members / New old member
« Last post by William on January 25, 2022, 10:23:38 AM »
I've been a member of the group since December of 2017 haven't spent much time here but I'm looking again for a livin lite.  I'm curious what a 2014 7 by 20 vrv sold for new in 2014. And since they don't make them anymore I'm curious what I could expect to pay for one today 7 x 20 with a flip-out queen bed and a fold-out couch no happy jack motorized bed. Because they don't make them anymore I can't seem to find them in any of the Native value guides or any information thanks.
New Members / Re: Just beginning
« Last post by William on January 25, 2022, 10:19:17 AM »
I recommend if you've never camped before and  before you invest thousands of dollars in a unit,  rent an RV of some sort like a class C motor home and take it on a trip,  in the long run it would give you an idea of what you're getting yourselves into without making his permanent Financial investment.  Best of luck in your adventures and your decision!
General Q & A / Re: Dinettes
« Last post by Furface on January 24, 2022, 11:23:14 AM »
Should learn to read my own post before posting it.  Should be, When did they change the moveable dinette into a fixed dinette?  Oops.
Product Questions and Recommendations / Re: Window shade/blind
« Last post by cyrus799 on January 18, 2022, 07:59:47 AM »
As we were remodeling the interior of our motor home, I sought everywhere for economical, high-quality RV blinds. These were a fraction of the cost of the other options I considered. I enjoyed the wide range of sizes available and was able to get the exact sizes we required without having to have them custom built. Easy to put together and roll better than the more expensive ones I have at home. We purchased five and installed them all in a short period of time. The material is of exceptional quality.
Keep up with the Latest from Livin' Lite / WTB 21 BHS
« Last post by jdr on January 14, 2022, 11:46:39 PM »
Hi,
    I am looking for a 21 BHS.  Please contact me if you have one to sell
For Sale / WTB 21 BHS
« Last post by jdr on January 14, 2022, 11:39:55 PM »
Hi,
I am looking for a 21 BHS.  Please let me know if you are selling one.
Thanks
CampLite Travel Trailers / Re: Dometic windows
« Last post by ronlynch07 on January 14, 2022, 05:54:10 PM »
I adore this forum, wonderful content material and I am going to bookmark this website for future updates. concrete contractors
General Q & A / Dinettes
« Last post by Furface on January 10, 2022, 10:57:06 AM »
I'm finally looking into getting a QuickSilver.  When did they change the moveable directed to fixed?  Seems like one of their more foolish ideas.
CampLite Travel Trailers / Re: Dometic windows
« Last post by JimmyChris on January 01, 2022, 11:05:10 PM »
Hi Lauren - We own a 2014 14DBS and we lost our kitchen window this last fall when we left it open for the first time in seven years. The window size looks about the same as on the 11FK (300mm x 500mm). Needless to say I had a very difficult time finding a replacement. We also have Dometic/Sietz windows (model C5 - your 2017 might have a different window, I think the C5 windows were changed in 2016)). Of course I contacted Dometic - they no longer support or supply these windows. I looked through the forum and tried to contact some of the companies that were suggested - all dead ends. I looked at online window fabricators and RV salvage companies - again no luck.
  I then started to look at European RV suppliers and had much the same result until I found a company in the UK by the name of Caravan Crazy. they immediately replied to my initial email by saying they could get me a exact replacement. After a couple of emails back and forth, I ordered a replacement window from Caravan Crazy. Since the original window was lost, I also needed the latches and strut for the window, which they also said they could supply. The window took about three weeks for them to get, and I received the window abut a week later. The window was an exact replacement and took me about 10 minutes to install. The window was not cheap - about $900 for the window, hardware, and shipping, but I am really happy that I was able to keep all of the windows in original condition.
  Also, while I was looking for the replacement I did use a piece of tinted plexiglass cut to size at TAP plastics. I had it made it 1" larger than the rubber gasket and had them drill two holes in the center of the piece. I then used a piece of aluminum bar stock from Home Depot, a couple of bolts, washers and wing nuts to clamp the plastic in place and seal it to the original gasket - DO NOT REMOVE THE GASKET OR USE SILICONE! I was able to seal the opening and use the trailer without altering the opening; when I received the new window, I was able to remove the temporary plastic and install the replacement in under 10 minutes.
I attached some pictures of our windowless opening, the temporary plastic, and the new window.
Hope this helps!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10