Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
CampLite Travel Trailers / 2016 16DBS FOR SALE
« Last post by gypsy on August 16, 2022, 05:22:52 PM »
Our 16DBS SOLD very quickly, however, the sale to make this sale fell through, therefore so did ours.

So our 2016 16DBS is FOR SALE. This is one of the last all aluminum, including 1pc roof.  U-shaped dinette, dry bath, 60x80" queen, dual dexter axles, used by older couple, smoke free, no children, no pets.

Please email: jkm1010@hotmail.com for a full list of details and additional pictures.

SPECIAL NOTE:  The 16DBS is in excellent condition.  It was just washed, waxed (2x/yr), cleaned inside, as it was set to be shipped to its new owner in less than a week.  It is still prepped for shipping or pickup, and is available anytime now.
For the 14 I don't think you need WD Hitch, for an F150, it is a pretty light haul.

We use one on our 21RBS, and have found that what you describe (the bounce and ride) are greatly improved with the WD hitch. As far as loads on the aluminum frame, yes, it increases the torque on the front end of the trailer, and with many of the installations on the 21 (RBS/BHS) we were finding that the coupler would bend (posting describing a side bolt on the coupler / frame fixed this).

Given the lighter frame on the front of the 14, and the capacities of the F150, I would shy away from WD for your needs.

Are there any 14 owners that use WD out there?
I have about 11,000 miles and 240 nights on my 2014 Camplite 14DBS, purchased new. 10,000 of those miles pulled by a Honda Ridgeline, with no weight distribution hitch.  I now pull with a 2021 Ford F-150/V8/2wd.  Swaying at interstate speeds has never really been a significant problem, and I rarely go above 70 mph.  65 Mph is my target. I thought the Ford would yield a smoother ride, as it is just a tighter, tougher truck. Actually the opposite has happened. The camper / truck combo seems to yield a rougher, bounce filled ride.  [Unless I'm just getting old and cranky at 66].   We never carry water, have empty tanks, and pack extremely lightly.  Probably 100#s of items are now carried in the truck bed, that used to be in the camper under the bed, just for convenience. The F-150 does not swat under the minimal tongue weight.

Do I need a weight distribution and/or a sway hitch?  The sway bars look like they would put stress on the trailer frame, and with this frame being aluminum, could I damage my camper frame?  I'm trying to make towing more comfortable, and safer.   Your experience and expertise appreciated.
General Q & A / Re: Where to look for Quicksilver campers?
« Last post by joelshort on August 13, 2022, 05:09:48 PM »
Wow, it is very ironic that you posted your message today.  I literally just got home from picking up a new-to-me 2016 Quicksilver 10.0!  Found it on Facebook marketplace and it was about 4hrs from me.  The previous owner agreed to meet half way and we spent about an hour talking through setting it up and inspecting everything.  Now we just need to find the time to use it.
General Q & A / Re: Where to look for Quicksilver campers?
« Last post by jocillator on August 13, 2022, 03:09:13 PM »
Hi,

They are hard to find!  I agree with you about the sketchy sites.
I put a Craigslist alert for Livin' Lite Quicksilver pop-ups in my area and areas where I have family and close friends.  One (a 2015 6.0) became available in another state, my father-in-law inspected it for us, and we sent him the money to buy it.  We are going to pick it up later this month!

Also, I'd encourage you to double check your tow vehicle's owners manual and make sure you can tow 1500#.  I did a google search for my current vehicle, it was totally different from my owners manual, and we had to buy a different car.

Peace.
CampLite Travel Trailers / Re: Back Wall Sub Frame or Studs?
« Last post by andersonsit@live.com on August 12, 2022, 12:46:22 PM »
Did you ever install the ladder to your 21RBS? If so, could you send me pics and measurements. I want to do the samething.
Thanks,
Ted A.
CampLite Travel Trailers / Re: 2017 16TBS for sale
« Last post by Peteh32 on August 10, 2022, 09:28:26 AM »
Good morning,
Did you sell your camper?
Product Questions and Recommendations / Re: Ramp door latch locks
« Last post by Agatha Smith on August 09, 2022, 08:03:44 AM »
Have you found and replace your door locks? In case you are considering to turn your house into home we can accommodate you.

https://masonryconstructionpros.com/
https://sfhouseremodel.com/
https://greenempirebuilder.com/
I had a similar issue develop on my 16dbs.  Were you able to find a replacement lid?  Would you be able to share details?  Thanks!
For Sale / Re: 2017 Quicksilver 10.0 for sale - Southern California
« Last post by Loud0g40oz on August 06, 2022, 02:51:02 AM »
Sent a PM.  Iím in SoCal and looking for a 10.0. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10