2014 CL21-BHS coming apart at the seams!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by jandi, July 18, 2019, 04:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jandi

HI all, I posted last fall about a slide out problem, my Schwintek slide mechanism had gone out of alignment from top to bottom. Three weeks ago brought trailer back from storage and started tearing things apart, a little difficult but doable. Finally got things realigned and back together and was very happy with myself until I went back inside to try the slide and noticed that the dinette was still leaning into the trailer, the far inside edge almost touching the floor ! I then took the deck and sides off the dinette only to find that the entire weight of the dinette was being held up by 2 #10 self tapping screws on each side which had pulled most of the way out.The only way I could think to reinforce it was to thru bolt the dinette frame to the alum. frame in the wall of the slide out. I thought I was done again, but no! I now noticed a separation between the wall and the base trim at the floor line, I can now move the bottom of the wall 1/2 -3/4 inch by hand. My assumption is that the base of the wall was secured the same way as the dinette with a few self tappers, which over time with the weight of the slide, have sheared off. I was curious if anyone else has had this problem or has any ideas on a solution. I have contacted KZ-RV but I'm not holding out much hope on that end. ANY ideas??????? THANKS :o

jandi

Mitch,
      Thank you-Thank you, that is exactly the issue with my trailer except mine has moved a bit more. I was afraid I was going to have to some repairs from the inside , but now I will look at doing exactly what this gentleman did . It looks like a much easier fix. Thanks again .