Rear cargo deck install

Started by EdAbbey, July 04, 2019, 10:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdAbbey

I installed a rear cargo deck on our quicksilver 10.0 today. It's a Curt 18100 Aluminum Cargo deck I ordered on amazon.  I assembled it without the 2" folding receiver tubes so it would sit flat on my bumper. Without the receiver tube, I used a couple pieces of 1/2" conduit as spacers when attaching the support brackets. To attach it, I removed the 2 support-pole brackets from the camper. I drilled matching holes in the rack and then reinstalled the brackets through the side of the rack, bolting it firmly to the frame. I also bolted the rack to the bumper.  I removed these  taillights and drilled the bolt hole right above the electrical access so I could install the washer and nut on the bolt.

Everything seems very sturdy. I think I'll install a couple of fork mount blocks on the base of the cargo rack so I can transport bikes. If I do, I'll post some more pictures.

I know someone has done this before but I can't  find the post where I stole this idea. My apologies for not giving credit where credit is due!

Kenoraman

And are you moving the lights? Seems they'd be obscured now by this unit. Is that not the case? Thanks!

olivia9203

Collapsible kettles are much lighter than traditional kettles and are perfect for those who like to travel light. These kettles are often made of plastic and can be folded down to take up less space. https://myteakettle.com/best-electric-kettle-with-tea-infuser/