batteries and how to retract the slider without batteries

Started by tincan, May 08, 2019, 11:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tincan

This weekend we killed our battery by accident, I ended up purchasing a new battery to get the jacks up and the slider back in. Is there a way to get the Slider back in without a battery?
I have a Ford branded 8.4S
Thanks in advance

Jim

DavidM

Yes, but it requires removing the motor from the gear rack and pushing the slider in manually. Then if you are going to trailer it you have to block it from sliding out when you go around a sharp corner. There is a video for this here: https://www.livinlite.com/forum/index.php/topic,66.0.html

So unless you are stuck in some place far from a battery source, replacing the battery was probably easier.

Did you try hooking it up to the TV while it is running? That should have provided enough juice to run the slide back in even with a dead battery. You would probably have to let the TV run in idle for a half hour to build up some charge on the dead battery. Otherwise all of the TV's juice would be sucked up by the dead battery.

David

tincan

Thanks, I tried letting it charge with jumper cables to the truck. I just let it run for about 10 min. I'll be checking out how to retract just in case!
Thank you!

Jim

Seattle-TC11

This happened to me as well. I just started the truck and the umbilical gave the motor enough juice to close the slide.

Gibby

Quote from: Seattle-TC11 on July 25, 2019, 06:47:31 PM
This happened to me as well. I just started the truck and the umbilical gave the motor enough juice to close the slide.

Yup, just plug in the Tow Vehicle
2014 Camplite 21RBS
2021 Ford F150 Lariat FX4 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

tincan

I figured it out, my PDU had blown fuses and wouldn't charge the battery so After fixing that it solved my problems! a 5cent fuse GRRR!

Gibby

Quote from: tincan on August 21, 2019, 05:53:58 PM
I figured it out, my PDU had blown fuses and wouldn't charge the battery so After fixing that it solved my problems! a 5cent fuse GRRR!

It's always a good idea to keep some extra fuses on hand, just think about where you are when you need one.
2014 Camplite 21RBS
2021 Ford F150 Lariat FX4 3.5L V6 EcoBoost