Refrigerator upgrade

Started by Xi, August 14, 2018, 04:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xi

I own a 2017 TBS. it has the single door fridge with cabinet above. I'm dreaming about putting the two door fridge in (more freezer space). Anyone have any thoughts ie:
1- model # that will fit width and depth
2- Will the existing access/vent panel on the back of trailer be in the right place (not gonna do if different fridge means serious body mods besides removing upper cupboard)
3- my trailer has 2 panels on the back -lower for heater, upper for fridge. On pictures of newer models that have the two door fridge it seems there is only one access panel on back of trailer?? Did they move the heater location to fit larger fridge? I assume the larger fridge would just be installed in same access as smaller one (on top of heater, and by removal of upper cabinet)??
4- how does one go about getting the alpine door faces to match (not a deal breaker if it is just black or stainless
5- I'm pretty handy and have handy friends, but is this a mod that needs to go to a camplite dealer/shop?
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
2+Aussie Sheperd
TV: 2015 Xterra Pro 4x (2011 Tundra when pulling in the mountains)
TT: 2017 16 TBS

RichardHull

The COSTWAY Compact Refrigerator is our best overall choice because of the numerous features it offers. It doesn't take up too much space. It has a two-door design with a freezer. The shelves are adjustable and it is efficient enough to serve you for a long time.