2018 Camplite 11FK

Started by Tunggu, April 30, 2019, 06:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tunggu

Hello,
I'm looking at a 2018 11FK model for sale. From what I have read the 2016 onward models were radically changed as far as discontinuing the aluminum floor, aluminum framed cabinets and external aluminum roof/wall skin. I have also read in this forum of the larger model owners of 2017 and onward models have experienced separation of the wall from the floor. Does anybody know exactly how the walls and floor are connected to the aluminum trailer frame. I would imagine that with such a stiff box construction of the trailer shell using the sandwiched panel wall and floor construction there would be considerable stress on the connection between the aluminum trailer frame and the composite shell/floor when the trailer flexes and twists (probably more so on large/longer trailers). I note the weight of the trailers increased considerably do to the change in construction materials selection. I like the size and layout of the 11FK with the tip out but have great concern over the longevity and structural integrity of the 2018 11FK. If anyone has experience with the late model 11FK or has insight into the new construction methods integrity, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Regards,

Doug