Removing Camplite tongue jack

Started by chuckanut, March 19, 2019, 07:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckanut

I have a 2014 14DBS.  I want to replace the tongue jack.  It is affixed to the nose of the frame with three bolts, which is very typical.  When I looked under the frame to find the corresponding nuts, turns out the entire underside of the frame nose is hidden with boxed in welded aluminum.  Does anybody know how the bolts are screwed into the frame?  Are there nuts , or is there a backing plate that is tapped for the bolts?  My concern is that if I unscrew the three tongue jack bolts and there are nuts underneath, they will fall off into the inside of the boxed in aluminum reinforcing area and I'll be totally up the creek as there is no access to this area unless I were to cut the reinforcing plates , which obviously would be disastrous .  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Bejinscbr

I just replaced the jack on the 2013 16db that I have.  The bolts were threaded into the hitch coupler, there were no nuts. I'm guessing yours is the same? Just loosen them up and remove one only at first to double check.

chuckanut

Thank you so much!  I'll loosen one partway and sort of test what might be below by wiggling it but I  am sure your attachment method has got to be the same as mine