Weight limit (and new mattress options) for tip-out bunk on the 11fk

Started by cayenneman, February 28, 2019, 08:06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cayenneman

Do anyone know what the weight limit is for the tip-out bunk on the 11fk.  My kids find the mattress that came with the trailer to be uncomfortable.  I was looking into getting a new mattress for the tip-out bunk.  It would be good to know what the weight limit is.  Also, the dimensions are really weird.  It is close to a 3/4 mattress at 46" x 68".  Has anyone trying finding a mattress upgrade and have any recommendations?
Thanks in advance!

Chris

DavidM

Tje OEM mattresses are total junk. I Googled custom mattresses and found a place that made them to your exact dimensions for my 16TBS.

David

nhlakes

Most RV mattresses are lousy.  Many folks just add a memory foam topper that can easily be cut to size.  Some folks tell their dealer to keep the mattress when they buy a new RV and order one they know they like.  We've added foam toppers to numerous RVs.  Now cheap and easy to get on Amazon. 
2016 LL CL21RBS
2015 Tundra 5.7L 4x4 Dbl Ltd

chappy133

We too like David have a 16 TBS.  When we had our QS 6.0 we put a foam topper and it worked great.  With the TBS to use it with and without the plate that converts between a King and Twins we ordered a custom made mattress from https://www.mattressinsider.com/custom-size-mattresses.html. They did a great job.  We got the 6" mattress but could have gone with the 4" to save weight and ease of moving them around. I will say the condensation issues under the mattress went away with the thicker mattress.   

If you can go with a stock foam cover cut to size vs. a custom that could be a good start prior to sending the $$$ on the custom mattress.  I believe our custom four piece king was under $700.00.  If the foam cover does not get the job done then give Mattress Insider a call. They are a good company and have a lot of experience in the RV/Boating/Trucking industry. 

Sorry I do not know the weight limit but in the manuals section of this forum they should have your owners manual with that information.
Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

nhlakes

Speaking of condensation... We noticed some condensation for the first time under the mattress while in FL for a few weeks in Jan.  Did some research and lots of folks recommend this stuff to increase air flow and minimize condensation. Ordered some and it has arrived but we have not tried it out yet.

https://www.mattressinsider.com/mattress-condensation-prevention.html
2016 LL CL21RBS
2015 Tundra 5.7L 4x4 Dbl Ltd