13BHB Optional Fold Down Bunk>

Started by familyof5, January 27, 2019, 12:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

familyof5

Can anyone speak to the headroom and weight capacity of the Optional Fold Down Bunk in the 13BHB? We are family of 5 and 13BHB with 5 sleeping is of interest...though a rare bird by the looks of it. Cheers.

Mitch

I have a 13QBB with the fold down bunk on the front wall, I assume you're talking about that bunk and no the optional tip out? The posted weight capacity is 125 lbs and I'd say there's enough headroom for a child to get in and out of the bunk but probably not enough for them to sit up.

familyof5

Thanks. Yes that is the fold down bunk was trying to describe. We had look at Prolite Evasion and decided against it. We joked with our 6 year old that placing him in the bunk was like loading him in a pizza oven. There was barely enough 'head' room for him to roll over. Good tip about QBB having that option. Will search around the net and see if any pictures available.

familyof5

If anyone is interested here is a pic of the folddown bunk (gotta float the 'mouse' around page to get pic to show up):
http://www.rvnetlocator.com/view-2015-livin-lite-camplite-photo-details-lh5w.html
and another one showing it folded down albeit unsure if this is in the 13 foot model:
http://ultralitetrailer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/frontbunk.jpg

Mitch

If you have a specific dimension you want let me know and I'll go measure, the camper is right out back, lonely and longing for attention.

familyof5

Well that is quite an offer - thanks Mitch..  These five measurement would be great to have:
-Length of optional fold down bunk.
-Width of optional fold down bunk.
-Height from front top edge of optional fold down frame bunk to ceiling
-Height from back top edge of optional fold down frame bunk to ceiling
-thickness of mattress
Cheers.

Mitch

No problem at all.

So if you're standing in the camper looking towards the front wall:

From left to right the bunk is 79"
From the edge to the front wall the bunk is 22"
From the edge to the roof is 25"
From the middle of the bunk to the roof is 18"
From the edge closest to the front wall to the roof the height is basically zero since the front wall is a curve.  The bunk is bolted to the the wall at the start of the curve.
The mattress that comes stock is 4" thick similar to the other mattresses that come stock. Not terribly comfortable but may be okay for a kid.

Hope this is helpful

familyof5

Great stuff. Thanks for the measures and the diagram. Super Helpful and totally makes sense. We put a wanted add in the For Sale section so maybe one will come up for sale. Happy Camping