ceramic heater??

Started by abodyjoe, January 30, 2017, 11:53:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

abodyjoe

i have a QS 8.1.  a friend recommended a ceramic heater to take the edge off if it happens to get cool out..    anyone have a recommendation on what size would do the trick?

i won't be out in 30 degree weather (by choice anyway) but say in the mid 40's..

thanks in advance...

QS61956

I have a 1200 watt one and we actually turned it off after an hour or so because it got hot in our QS6.

Mjmoore17

I agree, I have used a 1200 ceramic and it was fine into the low 30's. when boondocking, I use a Big Buddy heater that keeps things comfortable into the low 20's.

Michael
QS6 w Jeep Willys TV

abodyjoe

any brand/model recommendation?

QS61956

A company called Pelonis  makes them...check them out on Amazon

chappy133

Pelonis is the one we used in CGs with electric or a little buddy heater when we did not  have electric. We are former 6.0 owners. Warms that 6.0 right up.  We turned them off while sleeping especially the propane heater.
Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

abodyjoe

thanks guys..  i did pick up a budy heater and small ceramic heater at walmart.. 

epiphysis18

the heater in my unit heats it up quickly and nicely...no need to carry any more stuff!

jamie

Quote from: abodyjoe on March 09, 2017, 08:36:11 PM
thanks guys..  i did pick up a budy heater and small ceramic heater at walmart..

Those Little Buddys are an awesome heater, I have one myself. Even use it to quickly take the edge off in my home sometimes. Just be prepared with lots of those 1lb propane bottles, it can get thirsty. You can use one of those adapter hoses for a portable bbq to hook it up to a refillable tank if you want longer run times. It gives off a little condensation in the combustion process too.

DavidM

It is not a good idea to use a large 20 lb propane tank inside a house (or RV) and it is against the fire code. For your RV you could permanently plumb the heater it to the RV's propane system which I think would be legal as the tank is outside.

David

timmyi

A heater can do real damage to plaster walls because it can crack after being to moist, so I would recommend Plaster repair Newport News if you need someone to repair it