I need help (question about the lights)

Started by Herman, January 16, 2019, 10:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herman

I need help. Four (4) of the lights (light domes) inside my Camplite are not working  :(, everything else works (other lights, radio, fridge, pump, etc.), the fuses look visually fine, maybe I need to check them with a voltmeter, but they look to be fine. Anyone over there with the same problem? Please let me know.

DavidM

Overhead lights in CLs often get aluminum shavings in them. This usually causes the lights to flicker on when the switch is off, not stay off all the time which is what you are experiencing.

So, even though it may not be the cause, I would open each fixture, check for shavings and vacuum them out. While you have them open and the shavings gone, check for voltage at the switch and that it goes up and down on the light side when you flip the switch. If you have voltage and the switch works then maybe the LEDs are bad. But it would be highly unusual for four to fail, unless LL got a bad batch from their supplier.

David

Herman

DavidM: Sorry, I forgot to mention that my Camplite is a 2012 model. The lights worked since new until last year, and this year while reviewing and cleaning and replacing the battery I found out that the lights don't work (?). The exterior, bathroom, and faucet, lights work fine. I will follow your advice and check one by one though. I will let you know what I find.

Herman

This is an update. Apparently there is short in one of the LED light domes, right under the antenna. I am also finding out that these light domes are not wired in parallel but in-line, therefore if one has a short, the whole line doesn't work, that's why everything else works but these lights. This Saturday morning I am going to remove the dome to see what's causing the short (I need sunlight), but my guess is that there is a leak from the antenna through the roof and caused the short, unless the whole LED went bad. I will keep you posted.

Herman

Ok, this is an update. there were lost of metal shavings in one of the domes, and it looks like a some drops of water leaked in (probably from the broken dome that I already replaced), I saw little rust marks left by the shavings. After cleaning it, I tried to check for voltage but I couldn't get any readings, the wiring is not a simple as I thought - please see the attached picture. now I don't know if the dome is bad or I just don't know how to check it. Any advice will be appreciated. One more thing, all fuses look fine and everything works but the 4 light domes.  ???

DavidM

So, you checked for voltage at the black and white wires that enter the dome light from the ceiling, right? If so the problem is obviously with the wiring to the dome light, not the light itself. I can't really help you trace it down, but you need to find where it goes and why it isn't getting voltage.

I realize that this post wasn't particularly helpful  :-[.

David

Herman

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the light in a Camplite? any idea where to find them?
Any help is appreciated

gglkap1

When I purchase my 2015 CL21RBS I contacted the factory and got structural drawings for my trailer, but there were no electrical drawings available. This was before the first move and Scott was still manager.

Hope this helps.

Gerald

Andreassen

For enthusiasts exploring advanced features in their streaming setups, integrating TiviMate Premium into your digital entertainment system can significantly enhance your viewing experience. With TiviMate companion, users gain access to a wide range of extra functionalities not available in the free version, such as the ability to manage multiple playlists, record live TV, and use a more intuitive interface, making it a must-have for serious cord-cutters looking to streamline their media consumption.