16 TBS Camplite storage compartment switch

Started by aspenpath, January 08, 2019, 01:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aspenpath

Can anyone that owns a 16 TBS Camplite tell us what the black switch in the storage compartment (between the light and kill switch) is supposed to control?
Ours wasn't wired to anything.

majofive

I have a 21RBS and I have the same switch. At the dealer when I picked up the trailer I had the same question as I could not figure out what the switch did. It turns out it controls an amber light under the door that illuminates the steps of the trailer.

aspenpath

Thank you! 
Very weird to put a switch to front door steps in the rear storage compartment.
I wonder if its a cluster f*@, mine went to nothing (per the repair people, there were no wires connected) and yours to a light at the other end of the trailer.

majofive

Definitely poor design. Any outside lights should be in the main cabin.

And why would you install a switch and run no wires to it? Prefabbed?

THISHIKER

Good Day
I wonder if the factory folks read our comets !
I own a 14 dbs that the PC board for the hotwater heater burnt out 7 days after 1year warranty I contracted Joe Miller , warranty admin. He got back quick and has ask for the part to be returned and they will pay for the shipping. Ok Thanks , but haven't heard from Joe since. Im sure he is busy , but  I would like to hear something .
tick tick tick
barry in Tucson
ThisHiker

ADR

I actually moved that step light switch- it can get accidently turned on by contents in the compartment bumping it on rough roads.  Bad design.  Should have never been put there in the first place.

K Syrah Syrah

ADR - Did you create a new switch near the door inside, or just connect it to an existing switch. I'm with you on the design....the things that make you go hmmmmmmm🤔
2018 CL14DBS XL Platinum
TV='14 Nissan Pathfinder
...as Doris says, with a bold red in hand, "Whatever will be, will be."
😁🍷

ADR

I just moved it up and more in the corner of the storage compartment.

Liam

Do I have stage lights !? Why didn't anyone tell me about this? I was already thinking of dismantling this switch because I could not understand why it was needed :)