Ripped floor

Started by majofive, January 02, 2019, 10:08:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

majofive

Just got back from a week camping in my CL21rbs. When pulling in the dinette the facade dug into the floor and ripped it. Anyone repair a rip? Thoughts?

DavidM

Is this an aluminum floor with a tile overlay or is it the composite floor?

David

majofive

2018 composite floor with a vinyl looking overlay. The vinyl ripped.

nhlakes

2016 LL CL21RBS
2015 Tundra 5.7L 4x4 Dbl Ltd

jandi

majofive,
            I think you might have the same problem as myself. The slide out system on my 2014 21-BHS went out of alignment ( top to bottom not side to side ). All the dealers or service centers I spoke to had never dealt with this problem with the exception of one who said the repair could easily cost more than 2K , the others couldn't even guess . I contacted Lippert Components technical dept. and downloaded the repair-replace manual and accessed some videos and I am going to attempt the repair myself in the spring. If you are still under warranty I would try to have them fix it, it doesn't seem like an easy fix, or a cheap one !!!!!!!!!!! Let us know how you make out.

DavidM

Quote from: nhlakes on January 05, 2019, 05:39:16 AM
not on warranty?

If out of warranty or too much hastle to get defunct LL to fix, then this might work:

Smooth down the ripped section with a warm iron, or heat gun. Then get an automotive vinyl upholstery repair kit. Use the kit to make the patch. I was surprised at how nice a patch it made to a ripped section of our car's seat.

David

djsamuel

Quote from: DavidM on January 07, 2019, 11:45:52 AM
Quote from: nhlakes on January 05, 2019, 05:39:16 AM
not on warranty?

If out of warranty or too much hastle to get defunct LL to fix, then this might work:

Smooth down the ripped section with a warm iron, or heat gun. Then get an automotive vinyl upholstery repair kit. Use the kit to make the patch. I was surprised at how nice a patch it made to a ripped section of our car's seat.

David

This could be a good fix.  However, before trying this make sure you understand why the rip occurred in the first place and ensure it won't be happening again.  No sense making the repair if the problem that caused it in the first place is still there.
2013 Camplite 21BHS

majofive

Thanks for the responses. I plan on contacting the dealer and see if it is still covered under warranty. I know why it happened. I had some beverages stored under the dinette (maybe about 40 or 50 pounds). the left corner of the facade dug into the floor as the slide came in. There is not much of a gap under the facade and there is some rock to the slide. I would make sure your slide has little to no weight in it when you move it.

djsamuel

Quote from: majofive on January 08, 2019, 12:16:07 AM
Thanks for the responses. I plan on contacting the dealer and see if it is still covered under warranty. I know why it happened. I had some beverages stored under the dinette (maybe about 40 or 50 pounds). the left corner of the facade dug into the floor as the slide came in. There is not much of a gap under the facade and there is some rock to the slide. I would make sure your slide has little to no weight in it when you move it.

That makes sense.  My 2013 21BHS does not have any storage under the dinette and sits about 4" above the floor so I'm not used to that.  Hope it is covered, but if not looks like you're good to go.
2013 Camplite 21BHS