Recommended Roof Vent Cover Replacement for a 2012 13QBB

Started by Mark Deuser, January 27, 2017, 07:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Deuser

The 13QBB has 2 roof vents and after 4 years the covers need replacement.  Can you recommend a manufacturer that makes a suitable replacement?  Thanks, Mark

djmiller

Hello Mark,

The standard vents we use originally came from Heng's. The Heng's PN is 74112V-C.  I cannot confirm this but they are selling a Universal Vent Lid on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Hengs-90112-C1-Universal-Vent-Inches/dp/B0027XK7OW
That SHOULD FIT. I see they are being sold Amazon Prime so if they didn't fit you could easily return them.    We purchase them as a complete unit.  There is nothing really special about them. They could easily be upgraded the opening is 14.25in. x 14.25in.

Mark Deuser

The recommendation worked great. If fact, it was an exact replica.  I bought it online for $17.93 and attached the vent cover today.  Thanks,

djmiller

Thanks Mark for posting back that they worked.  We get that question often. Hopefully this will help others

Happy Camping!

-Dan

livinthegoodlife

Mark,
We need to replace our covers too. We would also like to upgrade to a turbo fan.  Does anyone know if the measurements are universal? Would it be hard to do yourself or should we take it to a professional to have done?

LG

bae146

Quote from: livinthegoodlife on April 17, 2017, 07:55:00 PM
Mark,
We need to replace our covers too. We would also like to upgrade to a turbo fan.  Does anyone know if the measurements are universal? Would it be hard to do yourself or should we take it to a professional to have done?

LG

I swapped out my vent vans for a fantastic fan.  Fit perfectly.  I have a 16" DBS

cbk0155

Note that the 90112-C1 cover is listed as smoke colored.  The 90110-C1 is white.  Both available on Amazon.  There appears to be a metal replacement as well.  It would certainly hold up better, but wouldn't allow any light in when closed.