IMPORTANT! Anyone with a 2017-2019 21 or 23- NOTICE>

Started by ADR, October 26, 2018, 12:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Smith

Has anybody taken their travel trailers in for the recall yet if so when and where. thank you. Mr Smith
2017 CL 21RBS  aluminum cabinets, dinette
2000 Ford E-150 4.6L  conversion van

rrtrntowing

Yes I took my 2018 CL 21RBS in for recall work on 12/04/2018.  My dealer is Gerton Auto Sales, Mt Vernon, In.  By the way, I have had none of the issues I read about with other owners such as leaky wheel wells, lights that dont work, slide that wont reset, ect.  I think it is because my dealer really goes over the units when he receives them prior to sale.  We have taken our trailer on several trips including 2 4K+ trips across the country.  The only problems we had were caused by our inexperience.  I burned out the water heater element because I didnt open the bypass valve on the hot water tank.  Easy to replace.  That was the worst of the problems.  I cant say enough about our dealer.  He really led us through what we needed to do to get started since this was our first travel trailer.

Mr Smith

Thank you for your response. I now live in Central Texas I moved here from Northern Illinois. If you have pictures of the repair can you please post them. I am curious to see the solution.My travel trailer was built in February 2017 but the Vin number is right in the middle of the recall list. My drawbar goes all the way to the front axle.  My frame and A-frame are the same size there are no steps.  I am very pleased to hear your travel trailer is doing very well gives me something to look forward to thank you. Mr Smith
2017 CL 21RBS  aluminum cabinets, dinette
2000 Ford E-150 4.6L  conversion van

rrtrntowing

We keep our CL21 RBS in my friends warehouse in a town 25 miles from here so getting a picture isnt easy.  However, the support bar that is welded in is where the spare tire is or was in my case.  I never saw any cracks in the original bar but the additional support causes no problems.  The spare tire has been relocated to the rear bumper and is more convenient to get to though I hope to never need it.  But remember, this is aluminum and so requires a welder experienced in aluminum welding.  My dealer doesnt have an aluminum qualified welder so he had it done at a local professional welding shop.  Just another example of how my dealer, Geron Auto Sales, Mt Vernon, In takes care of customers.