CampLite > General Q & A

Exterior door

<< < (2/2)

gglkap1:
I ordered two additional doors to add to the camper. Challenger was great to deal with and there was no minimum order. The shipping seemed a little high, but after seeing how they were packaged, I understand.

Gerald

Sylvain:

--- Quote from: gglkap1 on January 22, 2019, 12:57:23 PM ---I ordered two additional doors to add to the camper. Challenger was great to deal with and there was no minimum order. The shipping seemed a little high, but after seeing how they were packaged, I understand.

Gerald

--- End quote ---

Just out of curiosity, do you mean the main door or the two small compartment doors?  Are the doors expensive?

Thanks

K Syrah Syrah:
Your photos look like corrosion. Replacing at this point looks like the only alternative. However, itís also a good reminder to all to thoroughly wash down your RV, no matter what material itís made from, ESPECIALLY if it was ever near salt (on roads or near the ocean).

cbk0155:

--- Quote from: djsamuel on January 17, 2019, 02:32:13 PM ---I started to get some bubbling on the door of my 2013 21BHS.  There was water draining from inside the door, so I knew moisture was getting in.  I removed the window, and resealed the glass.  No additional bubbling since.

--- End quote ---

I noted the same issue along with the corrosion bubbling.  Evidence of moisture coming from inside the door on the threshold.  Discolored water stains on the threshold and bottom of the door.  I've not pulled the window frame yet, but I'm betting that is the entrance point for the water.  It also appears to be in a vertical line so possibly running down a structural member or just a vertical path inside the door.  Not knowing how the skin is attached it may be at rivet locations?  Or maybe it's just where the paint prep and adhesion wasn't done properly.

In any case I'm debating between door replacement and repair.  I'm concerned that the corrosion may be throughout the door and not just cosmetic on the exterior.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version