replacing mattress

Started by gigik, September 07, 2018, 01:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gigik

I have a 6.0 with the queen bed. Mattress is crap.  I would like thoughts from anyone who has use high density memory foam as a substitute in terms of what thickness did you use as well as whether certain materials increase condensation.  I read on this forum that someone used a fire blanket underneath so curious what others have done! thanks

Momkitter

I had the same problem.  I even offered the mattress for free to anyone who would pick it up.  No takers.  I replaced it with a queen aero bed.

Auntstix

Only we can help each other in this regard.

[email protected]

We replaced our 6.0 "mattress" with 4" HD foam (sofa cushion foam) and my wife sewed covers for it. We made it into 3 pieces so it could be stored on the floor thereby making it easier to close the lid. We just finished 7 weeks on the road and I am so glad we made a new mattress.

JoyRide

A new mattress will likely be our first modification to our new 8.1. Glad for everyone's input here.

chappy133

When we had our 6.0 we used a mattress topper.  Worked well but we still got some condensation. We put high density foam under the mattress which help cut down the moisture.  A 4" foam mattress should help with the condensation issue too.

Our 16 TBS came with the same crappy mattress as the 6.0 and they had to go too. 
Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

nhlakes

Most RV mattresses are crap.  A 3-4" varying density memory foam topper usually works for us.   After some mega humidity and a couple days of rain in FL this Jan we added an air flow layer below.  From what I have read it's been popular in the boating community for many years and is catching on in the RV community.  https://www.mattressinsider.com/mattress-condensation-prevention.html

2016 LL CL21RBS
2015 Tundra 5.7L 4x4 Dbl Ltd

Daver

My wife and I have a queensize Lightspeed air mattress that we put under the factory mattress in our QS-6,  then make it up as a regular bed and we are Livin' Large!   I'm sure some day we will replace the factory mattress and will probably use some decent mattress topper.  :)

pleroux62

We have a 2016 Livin-Lite 6.0 and replaced the mattress after our first trip,  It was unbearable. We bought a 5" thick queen size double density / memory foam mattress and covered it with a breathable moisture barrier slipover. It does add some weight but offers home quality comfort.

spotmark

How is it to fold up with that mattress?