newbie 16 TBS

Started by aspenpath, September 03, 2018, 11:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aspenpath

Just bought a 2018 16 TBS.
Can't wait to use it.
Is there a FB group for owners, if so what's it called?
We live in Colorado but plan on traveling all over.
The only thing we noticed when we picked it up were water marks on the vinyl floors by the front and storage doors. The dealer claimed it was from their power washing. Hmmm....we'll see.
Odd there's no toilet paper holder, you'd think that would be factory installed as they all need it.

We didn't see any LivinLite accessories online for their travel trailers (like a screen room). Are there any or do you just get generic stuff?

With a Ram 1500 do you think a anti sway device is needed? If so, Anderson,Husky or...?

DavidM

I have towed our 2013 16TBS with a Nissan Pathfinder which probably has 2/3 the tow rating of your Ram 1500 and never was bothered with sway. So try it, I doubt that you will need a WDH or sway control.

The only water we have gotten in ours is from rain water on the road spraying up into the camper through unsealed cracks in the wheel wells. Remove the wheels and caulk with a flexible caulk if the cracks are small. But ours were pretty big so I used a foam sealant.

There used to be a FB page but I suspect it is now dormant. But there is another LL oriented private forum at aluminumcamperforum.com

Enjoy your camper!!

David

aspenpath

Thanks for the reply!

Well, we've only had it for 9 days and after our first rain storm last night (lots of rain) we found that the water mark by the front door was a serious issue. There was no cap on the propane vent on the roof and water was streaming in, wicking and creating a puddle under the fridge and by the front door. I'm working with KZ warranty now as this is a new unit.  Lesson learned, don't trust the dealer prep and bring a ladder with you when you pick it up.

Whats the switch in the pass through storage area (by the kill switch) for?

DavidM

No idea about the switch. Dont have one on mine.

David