Water heater switch?

Started by 1 shot, August 25, 2018, 07:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1 shot

I have a Camp Lite, 26RLS. In the galley, on the wall adjacent to the range is a switch labeled Water Heater along with a reset button. Does anyone know what this is for or how to use it? It doesn't seem to matter if it's on or off,  I get hot water either way.

nhlakes

No owners manual?

Sounds like this is the switch you are referring to...

On my 21RBS it simply turns the water heater on/off.  The reset light will turn on and stay on if it overheats and needs to be reset from the outside.   The water will stay hot/warm for quite awhile after it is turned off, so if you switch it off and it is still warm that's normal.  You may want to try a cold start in the morning and see what happens. The reset light may flash for a moment when originally turned on.   

Unless you have a second switch that overrides this switch, this switch should just turn it off/on.

If no luck also ask on aluminumcamperforum.com
2016 LL CL21RBS
2015 Tundra 5.7L 4x4 Dbl Ltd

TBone

I posted in the "older models"section.   Since it's a propane only water heater I am wondering if a previous owner added an after market electric heating element (camco makes one).    If they did I doubt they ran another switch inside.    It's possible they left it on.    Pull the exterior water heater cover off and take a look.   

klaker

That switch on my camper turns on the water heater with propane, there is also a switch on the heater itself to run on electric.

7thunders

Yes same for us, this switch turns on the propane portion of the water heater from inside, there is a switch that is on the actual water heater from the outside that you need to turn on/off for electric, but be sure the tank has water in it if you use the electric or the element can burn out fast.  You can use both and i believe it will increase the heating speed of the hot water if you use alot of water, i only use electric in campgrounds, propane if boondocking. why not use the electric that you are already paying for when you hook up.
Rob & Judi
Northeastern Pennsylvania
16 DBS
Toyota FJ Cruiser

Agitated

Because it uses very little propane and the recovery time is much less on propane vs electric.