Water heater switch?

Started by 1 shot, August 21, 2018, 10:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1 shot

I'm a fairly new CL 5th wheel owner. I didn't get an owners manual with my 2015, 26RLS so, hoping some of you veterans can fill me in on a couple of things.
There is a water heater switch in the galley next to the range. It doesn't seem to matter if it's on or off. I still get hot water. What is this switch supposed to do?

TBone

These originally came with a propane only water heater.   The switch should turn the propane burner assembly on and off.    If you always have HW regardless of this switch it's possible the previous owner added an aftermarket electric heating element and didn't bother to run an additional switch to the control panel.  The switch for the added element might be behind the exterior water heater cover or maybe they hardwired it always on as long and it will always heat if it has 110Volts.  I would check the water heater and see if it looks like the added an electric element.    If that's not it, then the only other thing would be that it wasn't wired properly from the factory.

Something like this is what I'm talking about:

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Hot-Water-Hybrid-Heat/dp/B0024ECCJW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1535324023&sr=8-1&keywords=rv+water+heater+electric+conversion+kit

MrRyan

rrtrntowing

I see that you have pretended to be a true LL RV person in an effort to score some free advertising.  I assure you that if I ever need the services you offer, I will NOT use your company.  Get off this forum. : >:(

relomarkwell

The switch is meant to turn on and off propane water. Probably the former owner has done some changes on the wiring.