Floor support for table legs complete failure 14XLP (SECOND TIME)/ Fridge Quest.

Started by lwfjester, August 16, 2018, 11:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lwfjester

Does anyone have experience with upgrading or replacing the receivers for the table legs in the floor of these campers? I've now had two sets break at their seams where they meet the floor, causing the table legs to fall straight through the floor as my son was laying on the table/bed.
I don't think I want another set of standard receivers... but I don't know of anyone that would fabricate/make something better than Livin' Lite would do on their own.

Also, am I correct in my understanding that if the battery of my trailer is fully charged, and I open the side panel of the trailer and flip the 12v switch on the fridge to "I" that it should turn the fridge on using battery power? Does it take longer for the fridge to cool? I ask because I've turned it on, driven 5 hours to a campsite, and the fridge is not cool at all.... leading me to believe the fridge (our second because the first was bad) is not working correctly on the 12v supply (or isn't connected to it). Is there a way to check that?

Thanks!

chappy133

The 12 volt system doesn't work well at all. I turn on the propane the night before leaving and level the trailer. Nice and cold in the am. I will not recommend it but a lot of us tow with the propane on. Make sure you turn it off when stopping for gas.

I have an above floor mount pedestal base.
Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

chappy133

Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

lwfjester

Thanks for the response! that's flooring looks awesome as well.

Where could I pick up that post holder??

chappy133

Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA