QuickSilver > General Q & A

awning ideas...

(1/3) > >>

abodyjoe:

so i have a 2011 QS 8.1 and would like an awning..  the new QS uses an YKKK zipper and the 2011 uses an IDEA zipper so i'm afraid if i buy a new awning that the zippers won't mesh...     does anyone have any clever ideas on how to make and attach an awning for this thing?

thanks in advance..

djmiller:
They are not interchangeable.  But our current manufacturer TOP STITCH can use the IDEAL Zippers.  Your 2011 probably has a VEADA tent with an IDEAL zipper and our current manufacturer TOP STITCH uses a YKKK Zipper.  They will be different part numbers.  I will be updating our parts catalog accordingly.  I will post the updated part numbers in this thread this week.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

abodyjoe:
so if i ordered an awning kit from my local dealer how do i make sure they specify the ideal zipper?

do you have any idea what size ideal zipper was used?  i checked and i do have an ideal awning zipper.

djmiller:

--- Quote from: abodyjoe on January 26, 2017, 12:55:42 PM ---so if i ordered an awning kit from my local dealer how do i make sure they specify the ideal zipper?

do you have any idea what size ideal zipper was used?  i checked and i do have an ideal awning zipper.

--- End quote ---

Let them know the manufacturer of the Tent.  This issue is so new I do not have a part number yet from Top Stitch.  Should have one in the next couple of days and I will post it.  But for now just let them know the manufacturer of the tent.  Or just hold off a couple of days and I will have a PN for you.

Update:  I just spoke with Top Stitch.  You may call Top Stitch directly and let them know you have a Veada tent and need an awning to match.  You can order it directly through them.  Ask for Candy 330=972-7745

abodyjoe:
cool..  i talked to them the other day and couldn't help at all..  thanks for fixing us up..:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version