awning ideas...

Started by abodyjoe, January 23, 2017, 03:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abodyjoe

so i have a 2011 QS 8.1 and would like an awning..  the new QS uses an YKKK zipper and the 2011 uses an IDEA zipper so i'm afraid if i buy a new awning that the zippers won't mesh...     does anyone have any clever ideas on how to make and attach an awning for this thing?

thanks in advance..

djmiller

They are not interchangeable.  But our current manufacturer TOP STITCH can use the IDEAL Zippers.  Your 2011 probably has a VEADA tent with an IDEAL zipper and our current manufacturer TOP STITCH uses a YKKK Zipper.  They will be different part numbers.  I will be updating our parts catalog accordingly.  I will post the updated part numbers in this thread this week.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

abodyjoe

so if i ordered an awning kit from my local dealer how do i make sure they specify the ideal zipper?

do you have any idea what size ideal zipper was used?  i checked and i do have an ideal awning zipper.

djmiller

Quote from: abodyjoe on January 26, 2017, 12:55:42 PM
so if i ordered an awning kit from my local dealer how do i make sure they specify the ideal zipper?

do you have any idea what size ideal zipper was used?  i checked and i do have an ideal awning zipper.

Let them know the manufacturer of the Tent.  This issue is so new I do not have a part number yet from Top Stitch.  Should have one in the next couple of days and I will post it.  But for now just let them know the manufacturer of the tent.  Or just hold off a couple of days and I will have a PN for you.

Update:  I just spoke with Top Stitch.  You may call Top Stitch directly and let them know you have a Veada tent and need an awning to match.  You can order it directly through them.  Ask for Candy 330=972-7745

abodyjoe

cool..  i talked to them the other day and couldn't help at all..  thanks for fixing us up..:)

abodyjoe

Quote from: Dan Miller on January 26, 2017, 01:18:01 PM
Quote from: abodyjoe on January 26, 2017, 12:55:42 PM

Let them know the manufacturer of the Tent.  This issue is so new I do not have a part number yet from Top Stitch.  Should have one in the next couple of days and I will post it.  But for now just let them know the manufacturer of the tent.  Or just hold off a couple of days and I will have a PN for you.

Update:  I just spoke with Top Stitch.  You may call Top Stitch directly and let them know you have a Veada tent and need an awning to match.  You can order it directly through them.  Ask for Candy 330=972-7745

phone number is wrong...       574-293-6633 is the number i used and talked to candy..

she had me email her and she will contact Veada to see what zipper they used and get back to me..

Pworralljr

As new owner of a 2011 Quick Silver 10 I ordered an awning and picked up Saturday, after finding and reading this post today I rushed home and tried them the zippers match.  But that brings up a new dilemma how to install the awning at a campground.  I used a latter that I had at home in the driveway.  can I leave the awning zipped on when I fold the tent in? This would seem to the easiest thing to do.

Pete   
2011 Quicksilver 10.0
2117 Subaru Outback

abodyjoe

maybe pack a little foldable step ladder?     that zipper is high when the tent is up..

abodyjoe

just for an update...     

i called top stitch and bought an awning directly from them..   has an ideal zipper and all..   cost me $120 including shipping..   bought poles from cabellas for $12 each..     

top stitch has a new web site with a "contact us" on it..    http://www.topstitch-inc.com/

dream34

Anyone have photos of the awning or awning room? The website is not very helpful and seems to have little if any photos of these campers outfitted with the available options. Perhaps a section which describes the available options along with photos of said option on each trailer would be good.

Steve and Dana

Here is a picture of the awning in place.  Note the guy lines that bring tension to the awning itself. . .care is needed when walking around the trailer after dark.  We have installed a motion sensitive light to help with that issue

chappy133

Our awning on our old 6.0.
Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA