Considering CL21RBS w/Jeep TV

Started by JoyfulC, August 10, 2018, 06:20:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoyfulC

Hi All,
I am searching for the first TT for my husband and I. It has been overwhelming to say the least. Our tow vehicle is a 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4 x4 with a Class IV factory tow package with a GVWR of #6200 lbs.  I want a dual axle, 7ft wide, walk around bed, dry bath. I like the weights on this unit, but am concerned about the length.

Is anyone experienced with this combo? What about overall thoughts on the product line?
Thanks so much
Cheryl

ineedanap

We tow our 21BHS all over Michigan with our 2017 Grand Cherokee Summit V8.  Without a weight distribution hitch, it gets a little sketchy above 55mph.  With a weight distribution hitch, we can travel on the freeway at 70mph all day without any drama. 

Keep in mind, the only thing we have in the tow vehicle is my wife and 2 small kids.  Throw a couple adults or a bunch of supplies in the back of the Jeep and it'll probably be over payload even though it's under the tow rating.

I don't think I'd want a longer trailer than the 21BHS since the jeep has a short wheelbase...although the tight turning radius makes gas station and McDonalds parking lot maneuvers easy.  :)

klaker

Length should be fine, payload will be the limiting factor. The Jeep has a short wheelbase but with a good hitch and watching your speed you should be fine.

I use the Anderson hitch and it makes a world of difference even with an F150. It is more for sway but does transfer a little weight. The hitch itself isn't heavy and that is good because an anti-sway hitch counts against payload.

happykamper

Our 2014 21RBS pulls great with our 2006 Dodge Durango w/ Hemi engine.  We've pulled it on a 7,000+ mile trip to the west and into Canada.  Great camper.