Livin Lite "no wood", BS

Started by 1 shot, July 12, 2018, 07:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1 shot

No wood? That's BS! Let's let Livin Lite prove that.

djsamuel

Other than the luan in the doors of the older Camplites, where is wood?  There is none in my 2013 other than inside the door.
2013 Camplite 21BHS

tco2612

Snoopy

Quote from: 1 shot on July 12, 2018, 07:45:28 PM
No wood? That's BS! Let's let Livin Lite prove that.

Have you seen any of the construction videos on YouTube? I didn't see any wood. I've heard some issues with the newer year models having fiberglass and steel in places, and owners aren't happy about the demise of the once acclaimed all-aluminum construction, but other than that, I've seen no evidence of wood anywhere.
2014 Camplite 13BHB (new to us!!)
2013 Ford Edge
a mom, a dad, and a kid
recent pop-up converts

klaker

The older livinlites had no wood (possibly in the exterior doors though as those parts were a purchased component from Challenger door)

My 2016 has wood cabinet doors, I'm OK with that though. It is the structural wood that I don't like, once that gets wet the entire camper is compromised.

popgoesweasel

We replaced the luan doors on our CampLite 2012 16BHB spring 2018.  We bought the replacement doors from the factory last year.  The cost was several hundred dollars plus shipping.  Now that Livin Lite has gone out of business, I doubt that you will be able to find factory replacement doors!  I replaced the smaller storage hatches but had to have the service department of the local RV dealer replace the entry door.

finnski

Do you mind me asking what the doors cost, specifically the main entry door?
Thanks
2014 CL14DB

zetisomji

Quote from: klaker on July 13, 2018, 09:09:08 PMThe older livinlites had no wood (possibly in the exterior doors though as those rocket bot royale parts were a purchased component from Challenger door)

My 2016 has wood cabinet doors, I'm OK with that though. It is the structural wood that I don't like, once that gets wet the entire camper is compromised.

This adaptability to changing media landscapes has allowed the station to remain relevant and maintain its position as a leading music authority in the Spanish-speaking world.

kalyl

I understand your frustration and among us concern regarding the construction materials used in your RV. Livin Lite, as a manufacturer, may have made design and material choices that are different from traditional RVs.