Slide will not move

Started by Bill and Connie, June 20, 2017, 09:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill and Connie

Hi All, We have a 2014, 14DBS that we bought new in Phoenix, we have 6000+ miles on it without any problems until now. The slide will not go out, we have checked the fuse and wiring to the switch and all is well, worked fine yesterday went to put it out last night and nothing, no noise like it was trying or anything, talked to a tech where we bought it from on the phone and he said that there is a control box for the slide that may need to be reset but had no idea where it might be located. We have looked everywhere and can not find it anywhere, the wires for the slide motors look to go into the wall of the shower area of the bath room but there is noacsess that we can see especially with the slide stuck in.  Any help would be very much appreciated. We are headed to Denver and would like a recommendation of a honest repair facility if anyone has one.  Thank You All,  Bill and Connie

DavidM

The manufacturer has a video of how to troubleshoot it. See https://www.livinlite.com/forum/index.php/topic,66.0.html

David

craigd

I have a 2015 14DBS and opened the wall by the bathroom to run wires for the digital tank level gauges that I was installing. My slide control box was right there and it was hanging loose by the wires. Since I was in there anyway I checked to make sure it was still connected and then mounted it on the wall. The wall is just attached with sheet metal screws, as long as you are careful you can bend it some without breaking it. I didn't even loosen all the screws and was able to run the needed wire thru and existing hole.
2015 14DBS

bwebster1

Hi, I know this is an old topic but wanted to leave my experience.  I have a 21 BHS and couldn't get my slide to pop in.  I checked the fuses, power, breaker, etc. and couldn't figure it out.  I finally hooked my battery up to jumper cables on my truck and it popped right in.  I'm still really confused on why the battery is needed since it's plugged into power, but that worked.  So I'm assuming I have a bad battery and or a bad converter.  As a side note I looked everywhere for the Shwintek circuit board controller and couldn't find it. I guess Livin Lite has hid that in a wall somewhere!  I even called Livin Lite first to see about that and they couldn't tell me where it was located!

klaker

On my 21bhs the slide controller is above the fridge. There is a small access panel screwed to the wall above and to the right of the freezer door.

nhlakes

Quote from: klaker on June 18, 2018, 08:08:49 AM
On my 21bhs the slide controller is above the fridge. There is a small access panel screwed to the wall above and to the right of the freezer door.
thanks for the info - I have not opened that panel on my 21RBS but have been hoping that was where it was located.
2016 LL CL21RBS
2015 Tundra 5.7L 4x4 Dbl Ltd