RBS21 table

Started by rrtrntowing, June 12, 2018, 03:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrtrntowing

Bought a 2018 CL21RBS Platinum.  We like it a lot but does anyone have any ideas on how to make the dinette table sturdier.  I have looped tape around the end of the table mount to reduce the wobble but the whole table and table post is unsteady.  I can see a future of meals and drinks sliding off the table when someone leans their elbows on it.

nhlakes

Can't help you on your table.  Not sure if is the same as the one in our `16 21RBS, but ours was sturdy enough, but on the narrow side.  We wanted something a little large for board games and are now trying one of these instead. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078JX2387/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fits well in under bed storage. The table top surface is more sturdy and attractive than the fold-up alum camp table that we have from decades ago.  Also goes well with our white (or whatever color LL called it) interior.
2016 LL CL21RBS
2015 Tundra 5.7L 4x4 Dbl Ltd

Canuckrdp

We have a 2018 21RBS wit the dinette option.  I noticed the base on the standard post has an adjustment that is treaded to bring the base tight to the floor after you lock it into the floor mount.  Not sure that will help as we went ahead and bought the Lagun table support from Lagun@marineteak (check them out).  They are based in England but in less than 48 hours I ordered and received the leg through FedEx.  These guys have customer service figured out!  It was pricy ($143) but well worth the investment.   I also bought a larger table top from WebResturant Store (30" square table) that is awesome.

The new table top is heavier obviously than the original so I had to add a U bolt to the side mount for the Lagun leg but it is easily removed to make the dinette into a bed when needed.

We love the extra table and floor space and being able to swivel the table totally out of the way for travel is nice as well.

Hope this helps.

rmwaltermyer

Thanks for the info on the table. Can you please provide a link for both products? We just bought a new 21RBS Platinum and camped in it for the first time this week. I have a question about the shower, if you don't mind. The water hits the base and runs out on the floor on both sides. Do you have the same problem? Any ideas?

TIA,

Mike...
Mike...

Live each day as if it's your last.  One day, you'll be right!

Canuckrdp

Here are the links to the new table and the Lagun leg I referenced...

https://www.marineteak.co.uk/lagun-adjustable-swivelling-cockpit-table-mounting-system-331     (Table mount)

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/45775/restaurant-tables.html      (Table top 30" square)

Also here is a link for a great shower extender we installed....

https://www.strombergcarlson.com/shower-rods-and-laundry-accessories/extend-a-shower/      Check out the forum for posts about this extender.  It is awesome.  There is a little mods required to make it fit but it was pretty easy.

We bought a new shower curtain and cut it to fit width wise.  The length was long enough to fit inside the shower enclosure so we put some Velcro on the base in the middle and applied a piece of Velcro on the outside of the curtain to hold it in place so water couldn't splash out the bottom.  One side of the curtain has the tiny suction cups that press against the shower wall so that stays in place as well.  One final mod we did was to install a Command strip hook on the front wall and the back wall of the shower stall at the height of the shower rod so when you get in the shower we hook the last ring on each side of the shower curtain on the command strip hook and that also keeps the water inside and doesn't splash out!

The next time we go get the trailer, I'll take some pictures of what I tried to describe.

Hope this helps.

Canuckrdp

Mike the post I referred to is under the Shower Curtain solutions from about the end of March?

Smoky

We gave up on the table that came with our trailer. Now we are using a "Lifetime 28241 Adjustable Folding Laptop Table TV Tray, 30 inch, White" with a 30"x30" resin table top purchased from the Webstaurantstore online. The table top is heavier than the original and is also larger. The table top sits on top of the folding table, and we store them separately when traveling. It is another solution to the poor table that came with the TT.

tbrady

Quote from: Canuckrdp on June 18, 2018, 11:30:21 AM
We have a 2018 21RBS wit the dinette option.  I noticed the base on the standard post has an adjustment that is treaded to bring the base tight to the floor after you lock it into the floor mount.  Not sure that will help as we went ahead and bought the Lagun table support from Lagun@marineteak (check them out).  They are based in England but in less than 48 hours I ordered and received the leg through FedEx.  These guys have customer service figured out!  It was pricy ($143) but well worth the investment.   I also bought a larger table top from WebResturant Store (30" square table) that is awesome.

The new table top is heavier obviously than the original so I had to add a U bolt to the side mount for the Lagun leg but it is easily removed to make the dinette into a bed when needed.

We love the extra table and floor space and being able to swivel the table totally out of the way for travel is nice as well.

Hope this helps.

Can you post some pics of your setup?