Propane

Started by Leonore, June 08, 2018, 12:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leonore

Can someone please help???
I can't get the pilot lit for the gas.
I was wondering why the fridge wouldn't run on gas, and tried to light the stove and realized there was no gas getting thru.
Yes the tank is on/open.

DavidM

I have to leave the burner on for 20-30 seconds to get it to light first time due to air in the lines. Then after the stove is lit it takes about 3 cycles to get the fridge to light also due to air in that leg. After going through this drill both light easily as long as I don't turn off the gas valve.

Put your ear to the stove burner and turn it on. You should hear a soft woosh. If you don't hear anything then your propane tank is empy. If you do then leave it on for 20-30 seconds and it should light. You may have to use a match if your piezo ignitor isn't working. Then cycle the fridge by turning it to gas- you will hear clicks from the outside at the fridge vent as it tries to light. After the clicks stop listen carefully for the burner sound or open the cover and feel to the right of the burner for warmth (you won't be able to see it in the daylight). Then if it is not lit, turn the control to off, wait a few seconds and turn to gas and try again. Like I said, mine finally lights on the 2nd or 3rd try.

David

Leonore

The propane tank is full and the ignighters are working.

DavidM

If the propane tank is full, the valve is open and you can't light the stove or the fridge then there is some other closed valve that is blocking propane flow. Crawl underneath your trailer and follow the propane line and look for a valve. Also look the cabinets underneath the stove.

Do you have two propane tanks. Some RVs have an automatic switch over sytem between the two tanks that might also be blocking flow.

David

Leonore

No only one tank.
I have a 2013 Livin Lite Camplite 13QBB.
Tried all that, I see nothing. 
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Mitch

I have a 2013 13 QBB, with one tank, on mine there is no valve other then the one on the tank itself.  You could try the water heater and see if that lights, it would be the closest thing to the propane tank. It sounds like a blocked line or maybe regulator gone bad. 

Gary Roe

This Fairview RV Camper LP 2 Stage Automatic Propane Regulator did the job. I replaced a single, 20 pound tank, with dual 30 pound tanks. I can safely camp for a week, without any worry of running out of LP. The kit does not include mounting hardware, so you will need to come up with a way to mount the regulator to your tank setup. I used zip ties and tied it to my tank support. Includes everything shown in the listing.

cyrus799

I was always frustrated because the status panel in my RV wouldn't accurately read Propane quantity. I decided that the sender was bad. I ordered this propane tank gauge. It took me about 25 minutes to install, and suddenly, the systems was working perfectly. I love the unit.