Off Road Kit tire pressure?

Started by garymcclellan, May 24, 2018, 02:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garymcclellan

My Off Road kit on my 2018 21BHS came with 15" LT rated tires(LT235/75R15 with a max pressure of 51 PSI cold on the sidewall. The chassis "Tire and Loading" plate calls for 65 PSI with the smaller ST20575R14D tires. To make it even more confusing. I just checked them for the first time since delivery, and they were all at 72 PSI! So which one are you suppose to go by?

I hear a lot of people saying to always go by chassis plate psi, but I've always been told to never exceed the sidewall max pressure of tires. I've deflated them all down to 51 PSI for now, and I'm debating on calling Livin Lite for a direct answer. Just wondering if anyone else has already dealt with this issue before I call. Thanks.

garymcclellan

Forgot to mention, the load index on these tires is 104 (1984 lbs each), so x4 that = 7936 lbs at 51psi.

This is above the GVWR of 5,600 lbs, so I'm assuming I should be good with 51 psi right? Planning a long trip this weekend so I just want to make I'm not messing this up. The tires being inflated to 72 PSI at delivery is what's throwing me off!

Lawrencez

The important forum for this forum helped me to get more education.

kluanie

I had the same question on our 2017 16BHB with the off-road package, I contacted Livinlite and Westlake the tire supplier and was told to use the tire sidewall pressure settings.

donws

We picked up our new '19 21RBS today. Ours also has the off-road option with the larger tires and aluminum wheels. For tire pressure, I'm planning to start with the side-wall stated pressures but does anyone know the proper torque specification for the lug nuts with these aluminum wheels? 

Thanks,
Don

donws

Regarding wheel lug torque, there was a KZ Maintenance Manual included in our new owner packet. It states that lug nuts should be tightened in stages to between 85 and 120 lb-ft with 95 lb-ft preferred. No differentiation is noted for steel vs aluminum wheels, nor any mention of specific wheel sizes so the information is probably just generic.

In the Camplite owners manual, torque is specified as 75 lb-ft for 13" wheels, 90-120 lb-ft for 14 or 15" wheels. I'll stick to the 90-100 range. To me 120 lb-ft seems somewhat excessive.

Thanks,
Don

MichaelFinn

As a professional writer at an online thesis writing service in Ireland. I tried my best to gather complete information for an electronics project and write a detailed paper on it.

laurasmith

While the maximum pressure on the sidewall should not be exceeded, it's generally recommended to follow the manufacturer's recommended tire pressure values found on the tire and loading information plate for optimal performance and safety.

zetisomji

Quote from: donws on August 01, 2018, 04:52:00 PMWe picked up our new '19 21RBS today. Ours also has the off-road option with the larger tires and aluminum wheels. For tire pressure, I'm planning to start with the side-wall stated pressures but does anyone know the proper torque specification for the lug nuts with these aluminum wheels? 

Thanks,
Don
With a playlist that covers pop, rock, hip-hop, and more, the station caters to a diverse audience, ensuring there is something for everyone.

pagemorrison

I would recommend you simply to check on the manual which is proposed by the seller of it. What is more, I think that geospatial excellence https://nzsea.org/ is a dynamic field that continually adapts to the advancements in technology that might be used while cycling and GPS tracking. From high-resolution satellite imagery to real-time GPS systems, the tools and methodologies are always evolving, pushing the boundaries of what we can visualize and understand about our planet. The significance of geospatial expertise cannot be overstated in today's data-driven age.

herrylauu

Always start by checking your vehicle's owner's manual stumble guys or consulting the manufacturer's recommendations. They often provide specific tire pressure guidelines stumble guys online for various driving conditions, including off-road.

lilycoliinsxx

The issue you're facing fnaf with conflicting tire pressure recommendations can be confusing, but it's important to prioritize safety when it comes to tire fnaf game pressure for your trailer.

adjoiningauto

You'll typically need a different tire pressure for the front tires than you do for the rear tires. Also, if you regularly haul heavy loads or a trailer tunnel rush, your tire pressure should be adjusted according to the load you plan to haul.