Dometic fridge rm2554

Started by Caog2, August 09, 2018, 10:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caog2

Hello,
I have a camplite 13QBB 2013. I have to change my fridge. To take the fridge out of the trailer, I need a space of 24 inches. The opening of the door is 22 inches wide. The windows are not more than 22 inches too. I sent two emails to Livin Lite's service and I have no answer from them. Has anyone ever had this problem and what solution did you find?
Thanks for your help

djsamuel

You may want to look up the model number for your door and then go to the challenger door website to see what the cutout opening dimensions are for door installation.  You may find you need to remove the door frame to get the required clearance.
2013 Camplite 21BHS

Caog2

Thanks for the information. I think the model number of my door is 950. I can not find the information on Challanger's website. I had thought of this solution as well.

Bye

Agitated

To get my 3 way fridge out, I had to disassemble it.  Remove the fridge door, and separate the ammonia absorption system from the fridge.  Was pretty easy to do with a cordless drill/screwdriver.  Better than removing the entrance door frame.  Best thing I ever did was toss that absorption fridge and get a household fridge designed to be installed in an enclosed space. 

ADR

Unfortunately building the camper around the fridge isn't unheard of- 
My parents had friends with a motorhome that the windshield had to be taken out then it took about 6 guys to lay the old fridge down and pass it out the opening and pass a new one back in.  Then reinstall the huge windshield.   Very expensive deal all around!

klaker

disassemble the fridge, even if you remove the camper door frame I doubt there will be enough room.