Purchasing 6 or 8, then of course what year

Started by Wetdawg, May 13, 2018, 09:38:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wetdawg

All,

I have been reading through many thoughtful posts about these campers, and plan to purchase in the next week.  I started just looking at the 6, but think that the 8 may also be ok..I am limited by size in my garage.  I mostly camp with my dog, but sometimes my wife and 2 kids come along.  They are small, and we spend lots of time in a screened tent.  Has anyone had a 6 and moved up to the 8 because they were cramped?  When I am looking at manufacture years, what are some opinions for the best model years for the respective campers.

chappy133

We had a 6.0. With a couple and a dog it was tight. Adding kiddos will make it too tight.
Chuck
2016 21 RBS
2022 F 150 Lariat
Easton, PA

y3kids

My husband and I have the 6'. It is plenty for the two of us to travel but no room for others. The couch is only 5 feet.

klaker

If you have the room definitely get the 8. Get a 2015 (maybe 2016 also) or earlier those were the all aluminum ones.

nikbrewer

get the 10/0 if you can find one.  The weight difference between it and a 8.0 is minimal.  Also the 8.1 will allow you to have a queen size bed as well