New here Looking at the CL21RBS

Started by bigb, April 30, 2018, 10:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigb

We have been looking at the very similar Winnebago Micro Minnies when I happened upon the Camp Lite trailers. The 21RBS is very similar to the Winnie 2106 FBS except that it is a bit bigger, the bed is bigger and it has a dinette. The Winnie has a jackknife sofa instead. I have read in some other posts that you can choose between the dinette or the couch, is this still true? There are just two of us and past experience tells us that a dinette is not very comfortable to sit at for very long. Sure would be nice to have a dinette that turns into a couch. (a comfortable one!)

I noticed the Camp Lite line is more expensive than Winnie, but looks to be better quality as well. My nearest dealer is in Albuquerque and I am in Tucson, when I checked their web site they only had 4 models and none were the 21RBS. Is there a West coast dealer that has a big inventory?

SandyLou

Are you still looking for a 21' RBS? We are in show low, AZ.  Have a 2017 21 RBS with lots of extras and upgrades. Also we ordered a special ordered king bed that makes into 2 twins, not queen with all of the cabinets for the king.  Also customized the dinette with raised seating, two drawers under seats and extra storage under seats.  Indoor shower, outdoor shower. Indoor and outdoor speakers, outdoor compartment for kitchen extras. Contact us if interested, leave a message.  We will get back to you quickly.
Lou & Sandy Belobraydic.417-880-9576
On the road again!

SandyLou

Also had a Trump AquaGo Instant Water Heater installed.
On the road again!

rmwaltermyer

We just purchased a new 21RBS this week. There aren't many available and my understanding is that Livin' Lite has changed the line, so no new ones in your future. We mostly like it, but were very disappointed in the fit and finish, considering the high cost. Don't want to nitpick, but you wouldn't expect the microwave to be mounted crooked or a wardrobe door to scrape the ceiling when opened. Also, when showering, water hits the base and runs out on the floor on both sides. Heating and AC are not ducted. For a camper that large, I anticipate hot and cold zones (it was hard to get the bathroom cool). The AC had two fan settings - loud and louder (haven't tried the heater). On a positive note, it towed great (i have a 2016 GMC Acadia V6), setup /takedown was a breeze and the u-shaped dinette was very comfortable (sitting sideways with your back to the wall is like a recliner). I think we'll like it eventually. Just need to address a couple issues (dealer has parts on order) and get that pesky shower leak fixed (anyone have any ideas?). I suppose we'll adjust to the noisy AC fan.
Mike...

Live each day as if it's your last.  One day, you'll be right!

gregslogcabin

I was dumb to not test out the AC before I bought my CL 21BHS. That thing is so loud inside and out I'm embarrassed to turn it on.

nhlakes

I also have CL21RBS and find that it cools the entire trailer is the upper vents are adjusted to flow in all directions, and the center down vent closed.

Sorry to hear all the troubles with your new unit.  It's unfortunate, but that's what warranties are for...  You are correct, you/we RV buyers shouldn't have to deal with that, especially when paying a premium price.

Have you had a ductless roof mounted AC before?  I agree, they are very loud, but it appears they're all similar from what I can tell - at least the couple that I have had and the many I have been in at shows, etc. I've also had a smaller QS10 and an Aliner with side mounted units which were much quieter.

If you are in the far south and had to run it all the time, I can see how it could drive you nuts.  I keep earplugs by the bed. ;) 

2016 LL CL21RBS
2015 Tundra 5.7L 4x4 Dbl Ltd

rmwaltermyer

Yes, our last camper was ductless. We're camping again this weekend and it's supposed to be hot, so I'll play with the vents and see if I can get the temps to even out. Are your AC's knobs hard to turn? I saw on another forum that the owner had to use pliers to turn his. I'm hoping they loosen up with use. How about your shower leaking? I'm thinking about a retractable shower door to fix the problem, but I'm waiting on the dealer to suggest a solution first.

Mike...
Mike...

Live each day as if it's your last.  One day, you'll be right!

nhlakes

Quote from: rmwaltermyer on June 26, 2018, 01:43:26 PM
... Are your AC's knobs hard to turn? I saw on another forum that the owner had to use pliers to turn his. I'm hoping they loosen up with use. How about your shower leaking? ...

AC knobs and shower work fine.  No real issues with my trailer so far. Picked it up in April, as a leftover.  It was built in late 15 and sat on the lot in Indiana for 2 years.  So we took some risk and think we got a great deal and we're very pleased.   I did do this PDI prior to taking ownership, which I recommend to everyone.
http://www.angelfire.com/trek/buenavistas/RV_checklists/PDI_V113_2.pdf

I spent ~3hrs crawling under/over/in/out of it testing every system prior to taking ownership and then gave them 3-4 days to fix some items that I identified.  Moore Custom Trailers was great to work with.  Since I knew Thor was in the process of putting LL out to pasture I treated it like a 'tail-light' warranty purchase. (Even though Thor says they will stand behind the warranty)  I wanted everything fixed prior to delivery, especially since the dealer was ~800 miles away.
2016 LL CL21RBS
2015 Tundra 5.7L 4x4 Dbl Ltd

klaker

Quote from: gregslogcabin on June 23, 2018, 02:54:23 PM
I was dumb to not test out the AC before I bought my CL 21BHS. That thing is so loud inside and out I'm embarrassed to turn it on.

All RV roof AC units are loud, just another thing the RV industry is too stupid to innovate on.

Some people have installed mini-splits. They are near silent inside however you have to be creative in installing them.

ronaldos

We replaced it with a 58" Double Recliner RV Sofa by RecPro. Very comfortable and matches our furniture.

joshquimax

Check out black series https://www.blackseries.net/travel-trailers/. They have different products of different specification and different prices. You choose the one you love and suit your budget