Mattress

Started by Chiscouter, March 09, 2018, 09:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chiscouter

I have the factory mattress in my 06  QS10 and wish I had a bit more padding.  When I roll over my shoulder and hips feel the foam bottoming out.  Due to its age and the fabric showing some wear I want to just replace it.  I think my current mattress is about 3 inches thick.  Just off the cuff I am thinking about the new one being about 5 inches thick overall.  I have interlocking padded foam that is 1 inch thick and brand new.  I am thinking about gluing that to the bed and getting a 4 inch mattress on top of it.  Id like to hear what types of foam you have used and been pleased with as well as if you went thicker. 

PastorRandy

hello, welcome. we have an 8.0... after many seasons of use. we have placed, under both mattresses, the floor padding you would use in an exercise room or in a kitchen. it is thick foam.. but has lots of cushioning. it works very well and doesn't add much height or weight..  it is a relatively inexpensive option to try that works well. we are actually going to place this same cushioning under a carpet we have on the floor.. making the aluminum floor a little more comfortable and warmer on bear feet in the mornings.
Shalom,
PastorRandy

Emilianod

I would like to know about this content that there is a source that can find more knowledge?

y3kids

we also found a original mattress not thick enough so we bought a queen size 1 inch memory foam and place it on top. We also found last year on our travels, condensation under our mattress, assume from the heat of the summer, so going to put a fire blanket under the mattress to see if that helps.