Fan sound when turning on accent and rope lights

Started by Canuckrdp, March 17, 2018, 07:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canuckrdp

Getting our new unit ready for some camping today.

Turned on the accent lights on the interior and also the switch for the rope light underneath the awning and outside speakers.

We hear the sound of a fan running coming from down by the electrical control box by the floor in the kitchen.

Does anyone know what is making this sound and is it something we need to be concerned with?

It appears to happen only when the rope light switch is turned on but I can't be positive.  That is when I turned that switch off the fan sound appears to go away.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

DavidM

When this happens are you also plugged into shore power? If so it could be the additional DC load from the lights triggering the converter's cooling fan. Try it with shore power disconnected. If it goes away, that is it and it is entirely normal.

David

LANA/LARRY

I agree with DavidM's analysis completely. This would particularly be likely if you had been running solo on battery power so that battery was significantly discharged and then went to shore power shortly before turning on the outdoor lights. I don't think you have anything to worry about. 
2018 CL21RBS
2016 Tundra Dbl Cab Tow Pkg 5.7 L

K Syrah Syrah

It's ok. Just the power station beefing up for the added load. I noticed it while on shore power. It sounds like the hamster runs faster as you turn on more lights, etc.
2018 CL14DBS XL Platinum
TV='14 Nissan Pathfinder
...as Doris says, with a bold red in hand, "Whatever will be, will be."
😁🍷