cleaning canvas top

Started by jjmd, March 14, 2018, 01:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjmd

Hi, just joined the forum. I have a 8.0 that needs some cleaning after 3 yrs of use. The canvas top has dirt marks from trees, etc. Any suggestions about what I can use that will not damage the canvas top.
Thanks in advance.
John

bcsnave

I don't have an answer...but want to know how to clean an awning

epiphysis18

I recently saw a motorhome being cleaned with a power washer.....they cleaned the awning with it......I would try that...and I will when the weather gets better. 

Steve and Dana

Page 36 of the Livinlite Quicksilver manual references the cleaning of the tent, awning and body of the tent trailer.  The manual can be found on the Livinlite website at the bottom of the initial page under the heading "Owner's Manual". 

"You should find a care and cleaning tag attached to your tent.  Please follow the instructions printed on that tag for best results.  The tent material manufacturer suggests the following cleaning products:

Interior:
  Starbrite vinyl shampoo #80216
  Meguiar's 57 vinyl & rubber cleaner/conditioner #5716
  Fantastik
  3M Citrus base cleaner/conditioner #5716
  West Marine vinyl cleaner #128860

Exterior:
  Mild liquid detergent
  Fantastik
  Resolve carpet cleaner
  West Marine vinyl cleaner #128860"

Per the manual all cleaning should be done with a sponge or a soft cloth.  I currently use a soft rope mop as it makes it easier to reach the center of the tent while cleaning the outside top.

Fangtang

I want to get information about this very much. Please help me

ronaldos

Quote from: bcsnave on March 23, 2018, 07:54:07 PM
I don't have an answer...but want to know how to clean an awning

I usually use a premium cleaner like 303 multi surface cleaner to clean it, followed by a few sprays of awning protector to make it cleaner and last longer.

relomarkwell

I own a motorhome and I use power washer to clean it. I read in the description that the power washer can also be used to clean canvas. You may want to try it out.

bredlly

Thanks for this interesting information!

palinos

I have a strong interest in learning more about this topic. Please lend a hand to me.
color by number

mapgift

To begin, brush the canvas gently with a soft-bristled brush or a clean, dry cloth to remove any loose dirt and debris. This will get rid of the dust and grime on the surface and set you up for a more thorough cleaning later.