Quicksilver 8.0 new tent installation guidance

Started by fishbiz, March 01, 2018, 03:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishbiz

Is there advice regarding how best to install a new tent on a Quicksilver 8.0?

Thanks.

Balinus

Hello!

I need to do the same (new tent). I was wondering if you have any tips?

Thanks!

fishbiz

Have help!  While getting the tent on isn't all that difficult, it would go more smoothly with two people.  I think that having two people is a must when marking where the snaps go or you're likely to have an unevenly attached tent.  And, to apply the snaps most easily, you really need to take the tent back off the trailer so that you can apply the snaps on a firm flat surface since trying to apply them while the tent's on the trailer is almost impossible, in my experience.  And, be sure that you have extra snaps because it's really hard to apply them all perfectly the first time.

Hope this helps!  Good luck.

tatinadi

Hi where can I buy a new or good  condition caves for my 8.0 quicksilver

Steve and Dana

No need to take off the tent to set the snaps - just need two different tools.  The first is a pair of leather hole punch pliers, the second is a pair of Ironwood snap setting pliers.  Both can be purchased from Amazon.  The main thing that you need to do is to make sure that the tent is centered on the trailer.  You can easily mark the location for the snaps on the tent skirt with a permanent marker, then use the leather hole punch pliers to make the hole for each snap.  The snap tool makes quick work of setting the snaps.  I keep the snap tool and a supply of spare snaps in the trailer as snaps have a tendency to fail, not only on the tent itself but also on the cover.  I also keep a snap setting tool for attaching the tent snaps to the body of the trailer.  IMHO these are required tools and the best tools for the job.