Camper Design

Started by benclaygraham, March 28, 2018, 01:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benclaygraham

Hey everyone, Im a Design Student in college and i'm trying to design a towable camper and im looking for as much feedback as I can get to that I can make a really innovative and practical design. So basically I just would like to know what you all would like to see in a camper? If you could have any design, any features, what would they be? Im trying to keep it lightweight, but there isn't really any restrictions to what I can and cant add. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated, and I would love to share my design after im done.

Bluewaterbound

I would think you first need to decide on your constraints. I.e. dry weight, lengths, cost range, climate range, number of people it sleeps comfortably, type of people: couple, family with kids, young. Off grid vs. rv camp grounds. Eco materials. Off off grid add solar panels, inverter. If traveling to more remote forest service roads then some off-road capabilities.

We like a dry bath ( enclosed shower ) and a comfortable bed that easy for 2 to get in an out. We have solar panels on the roof and would like to add in some type of Li batteries. Good insulation is important and I think a 4 season capability is good. Easy and convenient systems management: I.e. fresh, grey, black water, electrical on grid vs off. Basically the easier things are the better. A common control panel area instead of thing spread all over the place. A nice kitchen.

Look at the design of some newer sail boats 40-60' they have some very smart designs.

Good luck