Anyone Know How/Where to buy a New Canvas Tent Top for QuickSilver?

Started by jazzyproz, February 25, 2018, 07:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazzyproz

Hello. I'm new to this forum. We have a 2012 QuickSilver by Livin'Lite, 10 foot trailer.  We haven't camped in a year due to circumstances beyond our control and we opened it up to prep for a trip we planned to take in 10 days, and found that the tonneau cover had dry rotted, rain had gotten into the body of the camper and the tent canvas top is ruined.  It's moldy and the zipper windows over the screens are trashed.  Does anyone know where/how to get a new tent cover? I tried to find a contact number for Livin'Lite, but I can only submit an email.  I tried calling RV World, but their service center is closed today, so I could only leave a message... I don't know what to expect, price-wise, or if they even make new roofs?  I'm so disappointed... 
Any info would be much appreciated, as I'm having trouble navigating to find a new roof...
Thank you in advance!!

Johnc

Contact Top Stitch Inc 

574) 293-6633

921 Summa Dr
Elkhart, IN 46516-9037

This is the company that made the tents in the past and they should be able to help. Don't quote me but I think the price for the 10.0 tent is around $800.00. The tonneau cover can be made at an upholstery shop or a boat cover shop.
2009 QS10
2006 GMC 1500
2014 Jeep Wrangler 4dr

jazzyproz

Thank you Johnc!  I don't know how to just reply to your message, so I'm replying to the whole thread.  I will call them in the morning!!!  THANK YOU!!!

ADR

I'm surprised they actually used canvas.

I had a Coleman Williamsburg tent trailer about 25 years ago-  they had switched to a synthetic material that would not mildew or rot.

If I was to have to buy a new tent set I'd sure ask if they could make them out of that type of stuff.

795poo

A groundcloth will do more to add years to your tent's life than just about any other piece of hardware.use silver 9X12 on one side, brown on another tarpaulin, which I lifted on WallyWorld for my land tarp under the tent. No need for a shower, the canvas handles any rain or wind just fine.My Kodiak https://bestoutdooritems.com/best-canvas-tents/ does not come with a downpour. Some use a tarp stretched over the tent to make it dry.