Replacement Tonneau Cover

Started by downeaster, February 17, 2018, 03:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downeaster

Would anyone know of a dealer who could help me get a new tonneau cover for our 14 XLP? I contacted Livin Lite directly last spring, and they provided me with two dealers, one in NH, and one in GA, neither of whom would return emails or phone calls. Unfortunately, the dealer I purchased my XLP from in 2013 no longer sells the Livin Lite. My cover is worn through in multiple places and needs replacement ASAP! Thanks.

Entropy3XD

Contact TopStitch.  They make the cover and you can buy direct.  I believe you'll have to supply and install the snaps.

http://topstitch-inc.com/

downeaster

Thanks for the info. I contacted them today, and unfortunately, they do not supply the tonneau covers to Livin Lite. Livin Lite is doing their customers a great disservice by not allowing the customer to buy these parts direct from the factory. I have contacted 3 dealers now, all with no response.

Entropy3XD

Sorry about that.  I thought they made them along with the tent.  I've seen some posts where people have had them made, so let me see if I can find those.  If you're on Facebook, Join the Quicksilver Tent Camper group and post your question there.

Entropy3XD

Downeaster, where are you located?  There is one user I came across who had one made by Secrest's Upholstery in Chambersburg, PA.  Cost was $475 for their 8.0 and the company also installed the snaps.

downeaster

Thanks for the info! I got lucky today and Prosser RV in Wisconsin is helping me out. Hopefully I'll have the new one soon.

wandathescarlettrailer

Can I ask how much they charged for a new tonneau? Our nearby dealer is a non responder too.

downeaster

Quote from: wandathescarlettrailer on May 22, 2018, 12:50:50 PM
Can I ask how much they charged for a new tonneau? Our nearby dealer is a non responder too.

It was around $220 plus shipping. Included all the snaps, just make sure you get a good, heavy duty snap tool, it will make install so much easier.

Sal42457

Just ordered a replacement cover from Shady Maple RV  which is East Earl PA. They quoted me 275 plus shipping