Quicksilver 6.0 offroad conversion

Started by Junkxj, February 07, 2018, 10:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkxj

So, as the new owner of a quicksilver 6.0, I was eager to set it up for some lite duty offroad travels. The only problem was that there isn't alot of info on the web about how to do this.

I will document what I am doing, in hoping it will help others if they are in the same boat.

The first thing I did was order a lift kit.
It is dexter part # K71-723-01.
It fit perfectly, gave almost 3 inches of lift,  and was very easy to install.

Next up, larger fenders....

RockorSomething

I though I read a thread on Expedition Portal about a conversion. It's worth a search.

Entropy3XD

Very nice.  Here is a link to a similar mod someone did to a 8.1.  Did you end up reaching out to Dexter while gathering the parts?  I plan on eventually modding mine to upgrade the axle, add lift kit, bigger tires, and possibly brakes.  Unfortunately there isn't much I can do about the fender\wheel well on mine, so it will look a little odd. 

http://www.popupportal.com/threads/livin-lite-quicksilver-8-1-3-lift-and-14-tires.76581/

Junkxj

I have read the stuff on expedition portal, and the tread about lifting the quicksilver 8. I did contact dexter,  but as most info I find on doing this it was very vauge.

Both sources gave some general info on making a quicksilver more offroad worth, but were vauge on details.

My goal is a more specific tread on how to get larger tires and more clearance. As well as making the camper more overland ready than anything I have found doing research.

Up next are the larger fenders I ordered. Once they are here and I have figured out how to mount them i will post up all the details in case others want to do something similar.

Junkxj

So after doing a little more research on other sites I stand corrected as far as info on this idea.

I guess I will still post a few pics from my project, I guess just for my enjoyment.

I think 33s are a little large for the fenders.
Going to try 31s next....