Shower curtain solutions

Started by Canuckrdp, January 29, 2018, 02:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canuckrdp

So I am wondering if anyone has come up with a good solution for hanging the shower curtain so it doesn't hang outside the shower enclosure.  It appears that the curtain delivered with our new 21RBS has a flimsy feel to it and it looks like it barely stays inside the enclosure.

I was thinking about putting Velcro on the bottom hem and having sticky Velcro at the bottom of the shower enclosure to attach to but I think that could get messy over time.  Another option I guess would be to get a new curtain (more industrial strength) but I still wonder if it would blow out the bottom rim which doesn't seem to be very deep.

Has anyone installed a sliding plexiglass shower door if there is one available?

DocktorJJ

WE went on line and purchased the swing out curtain rod. Had to do some cutting of the rod to fit but now the curtain swings in when not in use and out when in-use.  Bought a heavy vinyl shower curtain and a fabric outside shower curtain. Also bought double hooked shower curtain hooks.  Had to trim the inside vinyl liner as it was to long. The vinyl liner stays inside of the shower. The vinyl liner has built in suction cups that hold it to the shower walls - no water on the floor now!
2017 Camplite 21RBS
2015 Toyota Tundra
Central Florida

Canuckrdp

Thanks I did see that swing out curtain when I was searching solutions.  Any chance you have some pictures of what you had to modify to make it fit?

I also found a shower door solution that might work but I am guessing the shower space is already tight so what you did looks like it gives you more elbow room for sure.

DocktorJJ

Sorry I have not responded sooner.  You just measure and cut the one arm. I used a tubing cutter.  I had to file the tube inside with a round metal file and then use a mallet to get the one end back in after I cut it.  Measure twice and cut once. You also can not use the same holes from old curtain rod. I used the one top screw hole and had to drill the lower hole.  Covers for new rod cover old lower hole. I also silicone sealed all holes. Sorry I did not take any photos. Complete instructions can be found on the internet by looking up the unit sold by Campers World. I found my rod cheaper on eBay.
2017 Camplite 21RBS
2015 Toyota Tundra
Central Florida

Canuckrdp

Thanks for the info.  I did see some instructions for how to modify the rod but your added information is definitely going to help especially about having to drill new holes.  I assume the screws provided aren't going to be too long to to secure into the side wall?

K Syrah Syrah

You may find some corner pieces in your hardware/DIY/department stores that use double-sided tape to keep your shower curtain inside the stall. Even people who don't have wheels under their houses have had this issue...and, no drilling involved!
2018 CL14DBS XL Platinum
TV='14 Nissan Pathfinder
...as Doris says, with a bold red in hand, "Whatever will be, will be."
😁🍷

DocktorJJ

Screws that come with the rod will work. Not too long! Good question though.
2017 Camplite 21RBS
2015 Toyota Tundra
Central Florida

Canuckrdp

So DocktorJJ,

I plan to buy the shower curtain you modified, however, I believe they come in 2 sizes.  Which model number did you use.

Thanks.

DocktorJJ

Shorter one I believe.  Measure shower then go to Camping World they sell the rods.
2017 Camplite 21RBS
2015 Toyota Tundra
Central Florida

Canuckrdp

The swing out shower curtain is a great solution!  Easy install and provides nice additional room in the bathroom when pushed in out of the way.

Thanks for sharing