In the market for my first travel trailer - Wanted used 16TBS or 21RBS

Started by SISU Printer, January 29, 2018, 09:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SISU Printer

Hi Camplite owners. My wife and I are new to the RV/camper scene but are excited to get started this year. We've been watching YouTube vids and visited a couple of dealers. We've looked at Lance travel trailer and Camplites as well as most of the other, less expensive options in the lightweight class. The more I look the more I seem to be drawn to the Camplite line. My ideal choice would be to find a used 2015 16TBS but I'm open to other years of this model. I also like the 21RBS and would be interested in one of them if it came along. Both have their positives and negatives to us. Small and more nimble vs. larger and more spacious. We've done a lot of motorcycle touring and camping in our younger years so a travel trailer is a big step up in comfort from the tent and the sleeping bags! If anyone is looking to sell their Camplite send me a message. I'm not interested in any other models at this time. Because we're new at this, I think it's best that we find a nice used trailer at a fair price so that we can sell it without too big a loss if we don't take to the camper travel lifestyle. We're looking nationwide for the right unit. Thanks !

Andy in Michigan
two four eight 821 twenty three 95

Capt J-rod

I was looking for the tandem axle 16 dbs as well, but I found a super clean 2015 21rbs. Expect to pay $20k for a nice one. In all honesty I don't think the 21 pulls any harder than the 16 would, but I do tow with either a 2015 v6 tacoma or my v8 sequoia. I use a husky centerline weight distribution hitch. Both trailers are excellent. Go out and join the Facebook group, that seems to be the most active membership. Used trailers float through all the time. You may have to travel a ways to get one. FYI I have seen some early 2016 models that are still all aluminum. Good luck and I'll let you know if I see anything.

klaker

Yes, some of the early 2016 are still all aluminum, I have 2016 built in December of 2015 and it has the aluminum roof and floors.

Look closely though because 2016 was the model year they went to rubber roofs and started removing things like slide storage and the larger squared off baggage doors. By 2017 they all had the plastic floor and the move to fiberglass walls.

wakeboydb

"Look closely though because 2016 was the model year they went to rubber roofs and started removing things like slide storage and the larger squared off baggage doors. By 2017 they all had the plastic floor and the move to fiberglass walls."

Incorrect information - our 2017 has the aluminum floor and sides.
2017 21BHS

klaker

Quote from: wakeboydb on February 03, 2018, 02:25:57 PM
"Look closely though because 2016 was the model year they went to rubber roofs and started removing things like slide storage and the larger squared off baggage doors. By 2017 they all had the plastic floor and the move to fiberglass walls."

Incorrect information - our 2017 has the aluminum floor and sides.

Meant to say 2018, 2017 was the year they started to change over to the plastic floor, I looked at quite a few 2017 21BHS when I was buying mine and they all had the plastic floors.

Although fiberglass walls are an option many of the early versions had it as a no cost option, my guess thor was "testing the waters"

ADR

Quote from: klaker on February 02, 2018, 09:22:50 AM
By 2017 they all had the plastic floor and the move to fiberglass walls.
Some 2018's were built with aluminum walls.  I looked at one, a 16TBS- still shown as available at southlandrv.com

klaker

Quote from: ADR on February 05, 2018, 07:21:00 PM
Quote from: klaker on February 02, 2018, 09:22:50 AM
By 2017 they all had the plastic floor and the move to fiberglass walls.
Some 2018's were built with aluminum walls.  I looked at one, a 16TBS- still shown as available at southlandrv.com

Yes, as noted in the post above.

The move to fiberglass walls, didn't say they all had it.