2012 QS 10 Run off of battery?

Started by Kmwrock, January 27, 2018, 10:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kmwrock

Can you run off of the battery? If so for how long ? Can you run A/C? Thanks.

Mitch

You can run lights off the battery as well as the furnace and an RV fridge on propane if you have one (I don't know the QS 10, I have a 13QBB) The more you run stuff the quicker the battery will draw down. (You don't want to go below 50% draw down unless you have a lithium battery) You cannot run AC off of the battery.

Kmwrock

Thank you. Can you charge the battery at the campsite?

DavidM

Let me give you a quick tutorial on the DC and AC system in your Camplite. More info can be found by searching aluminumcamperforum. This discussion is mainly geared to the CL trailers but should be applicable to the QS particularly the bigger ones with A/C and trailer brakes.

The DC system consists of a battery usually mounted on the tongue and supplied by the dealer, a converter which charges the battery, a connection to the TV through the brake connector that charges the battery while under tow and various DC appliances that are supplied by the fuse panel in the converter.

The AC system consists of a shore power cord which is plugged into the campsite's power pedestal if it has one, a circuit breaker panel that serves the AC appliances such as the air conditioning and microwave and a converter which charges the DC system.

Except for the air conditioner and microwave which are big power users, all other stuff in a CL is run by the batteries. If it is not plugged in to shorepower or charged by a solar panel, external generator, etc. the battery will run down after 2-3 days, less if large DC power users are run a lot such as fans and the furnace.

David

Mitch

You can charge the battery at a campsite a few ways; if the site has a power pedestal your battery should charge when you plug the camper in.  If the site doesn't have a power pedestal then you could charge it with solar panels or a generator or conceivably by connecting it to the tow vehicle and starting the tow vehicle (that's pretty inefficient though)

Kmwrock

Thank you for the explanations. Much appreciated!

y3kids

Last summer we purchased a solar panel. Made all the difference in the world. Never a dead battery.

Fairmans

I have bought a QS livin lite 10' tent trailer. I'm having trouble figuring out how to run the lights, fans and furnace off the battery. The batt is charged, and I've tracked the line from there to the inside, finding no shorts or cut-off switch. I'm stumped about what to do next to diagnose this. Everything works well when plugged to shore power. Help? Thanks.

flugzeug

Your mana is shown by the HP bar in bad time simulator. If your HP bar runs out, you will die in the game.

zetisomji

Quote from: Fairmans on May 18, 2018, 06:00:12 PMI have bought a QS livin lite 10' tent trailer. I'm having trouble figuring Geometry Dash out how to run the lights, fans and furnace off the battery. The batt is charged, and I've tracked the line from there to the inside, finding no shorts or cut-off switch. I'm stumped about what to do next to diagnose this. Everything works well when plugged to shore power. Help? Thanks.
Their genuine passion for music and their ability to relate to the audience have contributed significantly to the station's popularity over the years.

adjoiningauto

The number of batteries you would need to run a 10 kW DC motor depends on several factors, including the voltage of the motor, the voltage of the batteries dinosaur game, the capacity of the batteries, and the duration of operation.

mariahcarey

RVs often have a house battery or batteries that can power certain appliances, lights, wordle, and systems, but running air conditioning typically requires a significant amount of power.

JohnyLatchit

You can use your RV's battery for a while, but how long depends on how big the battery is and what you're using it for. For example, a large battery might last several hours if you're just using some lights and a few smaller gadgets.

However, running the air conditioner (A/C) in your RV is a different story. A/C units use a lot of power, much more than what a typical RV battery can handle for a long time. So, if you want to use the A/C, you'll likely need something more powerful, like a generator or being plugged into shore power at a campsite.

If you're thinking about using your RV off-grid and want to rely on the battery, it's essential to be mindful of what you're powering. Consider energy-efficient options and maybe look into adding solar panels or a generator if you plan to use higher-demand appliances like the A/C.